Nintendo have just uploaded a new video featuring the Nintendo Labo 04: VR Kit. The Video showcases the different games that come with the kit and how each Labo creation is used to interact with each game. Take photographs of marine creatures, feed hungry hippos, blast at aliens, fly like a bird or even paint with an elephant. You can even create your own VR minigames.
You can check out the Video below as well as a more in-depth overview in the official press release from Nintendo.
EXPERIENCE FAMILY-FRIENDLY VR WITH HIPPOS, ALIENS, PHOTOGRAPHY AND MORE WITH NEW NINTENDO LABO: VR KIT
With a wide variety of activities, kids and families can make, play and discover in a whole new way, and even create their own VR games
22nd March 2019 – Ever wish you could be an underwater photographer or feel like a superhero by stopping an alien invasion? Nintendo Labo: VR Kit launches exclusively for Nintendo Switch on 12th April with dozens of simple and fun virtual reality* experiences for kids and families to build and enjoy together. Get a sneak peek at what’s included by checking out the new Nintendo Labo: VR Kit – Launch trailer on the official Nintendo YouTube channel.
Combining the innovative physical and digital gameplay of Nintendo Labo with basic VR technology, Nintendo Labo: VR Kit introduces virtual reality in a unique and approachable way. Each Toy-Con offers a unique range of experiences that combine tactile feedback in the real world with exciting virtual adventures. The Toy-Con Wind Pedal produces a blast of air to create the feeling of flying, while players can charge the Toy-Con Blaster before launching a volley of lasers (or fruit). Players can make different DIY cardboard creations like a Toy-Con Elephant or a Toy-Con Camera; play a variety of VR games and experiences with these creations; and discover how it all works – or even design their own bite-sized VR experiences with the included programming tools.
All the games and experiences in Nintendo Labo: VR Kit are designed to be shareable, fun and social. By alternating turns, everyone in the room can watch and enjoy the player’s reactions and join the fun. Some games even allow players who aren’t looking into the Toy-Con VR Goggles to interact with the onscreen experience. For example, if one player is exploring the in-game ocean and taking photos with the Toy-Con Camera, another person in the room can wear the Toy-Con Snorkel accessory and step in front of the Camera to make a bug-eyed fish swim quickly toward the player’s face.
The Nintendo Labo: VR Kit offers a variety of games and experiences that work with the different Toy-Con creations, including:
- Ocean Camera (uses Toy-Con Camera): Dive into the deep blue virtual sea and complete objectives like taking photos of sea life. The ocean is full of surprises.
- House Camera (uses Toy-Con Camera): Interact with the strange creature living in the house – which some people may recognise from the Nintendo Labo: Variety Kit! – and complete missions by taking photos in its mysterious home.
- Marble Run (uses Toy-Con Elephant): Try to complete physics-based puzzles by using various objects to guide marbles through rings. You can even create puzzles of your own to challenge friends and family.
- Doodle (uses Toy-Con Elephant): Create colourful 3D artwork by moving the trunk of the Toy-Con Elephant through the air, using various in-game tools and styles to bring your creations to life. Once finished, show off your masterpieces on the TV by docking your Nintendo Switch. An additional multiplayer game lets players take turns drawing and guessing each other’s drawings.
- Bird (uses Toy-Con Bird): Soar through the sky on a bird’s back, collecting items and helping baby birds hatch along the way. When using the Toy-Con Bird, players can flap its wings. But a tap of the Toy-Con Wind Pedal delivers a surprisingly strong puff of air to the player as the bird in the game gets an extra boost of speed.
- Bird Dash (uses Toy-Con Bird): Compete in timed challenges by racing through checkpoints as you fly through the sky.
- Blaster (uses Toy-Con Blaster): Battle an alien invasion and giant bosses in an on-rails experience that requires sharp reflexes and a keen eye.
- Kablasta (uses Toy-Con Blaster): Challenge a friend to competitive hippo feeding! Fling different types of fruit toward the hippos to lure them toward your side of the pool and score the most points.
- Hop Dodge (uses Toy-Con Wind Pedal): As a frog, jump as high as you can on an ever-growing stack of colourful balls while avoiding obstacles and heading soccer balls. The wind resistance from the Wind Pedal will make you feel as though you’re actually experiencing a breeze.
- VR Plaza (all Toy-Con creations): Enjoy 64 bite-sized games and experiences in VR Plaza, including platformers and puzzlers. Many of these experiences can be enjoyed using only the Toy-Con VR Goggles and Nintendo Switch system.
Two programming tools are included with the Nintendo Labo: VR Kit software. Toy-Con Garage is the tool that is returning from previous kits and optimised for this kit’s Toy-Con creations. Toy-Con Garage VR is a new tool that allows players to create their own VR games and experiences. In fact, Toy-Con Garage VR is the tool that the development team used to create everything in VR Plaza. Players can even import VR Plaza games into Toy-Con Garage VR mode to discover how they work, customise the experiences or use them as inspiration to create a completely new game.
Nintendo Labo: VR Kit will launch with two primary configurations, one that includes all Toy-Con creations and one that includes a smaller selection of projects to get started:
- Nintendo Labo: VR Kit: The complete Nintendo Labo: VR Kit includes the Nintendo Switch software and materials to build all six Toy-Con projects – the Toy-Con VR Goggles, Toy-Con Blaster, Toy-Con Camera, Toy-Con Bird, Toy-Con Wind Pedal and Toy-Con Elephant – as well as a Screen Holder and Safety Cap. It’s a good option for kids and families who want to dive in to the full experience.
- Nintendo Labo: VR Kit – Starter Set + Blaster: The Starter Set includes the Nintendo Switch software, plus all the components to build the Toy-Con VR Goggles and Toy-Con Blaster, as well as the Screen Holder and Safety Cap. The Starter Set is a great entry point into the world of Nintendo Labo VR.
Players that own the Starter Set can purchase the following optional expansion sets to expand their experience:
- Nintendo Labo: VR Kit – Expansion Set 1***: Expansion Set 1 includes the components needed to build the Toy-Con Elephant and Toy-Con Camera.
- Nintendo Labo: VR Kit – Expansion Set 2***: Expansion Set 2 includes the components needed to build the Toy-Con Wind Pedal and Toy-Con Bird.
Experience family-friendly VR with hippos, aliens, photography and more when Nintendo Labo: VR Kit for Nintendo Switch launches on 12th April. Nintendo Labo: VR Kit will launch with two primary configurations – the Nintendo Labo: VR Kit and the Nintendo Labo: VR Kit – Starter Set + Blaster – while owners of the Starter Set looking to expand their Labo VR experience can purchase two optional expansion sets.
Source: Nintendo PR
This post was written by Mike Scorpio