Folks who played Pokémon GO last year may remember the Battle Showdown event, and this year it is making a return! Two new Shiny Pokémon, increased spawns for fighting types, and more additional bonuses will all be offered for this new event! Find out the full details below:
Challenge fellow Trainers in our Battle Showdown event!
It’s time to challenge team leaders and fellow Trainers for special rewards during our Battle Showdown event! Level up Gym Badges, earn Stardust, and show your team pride during this limited-time event.
Date + Time Mar. 5, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) to Mar. 12, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7)
- Fighting-type Pokémon like Mankey, Machop, Makuhita, and Meditite will appear more frequently in the wild.
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter Shiny Mankey and Shiny Machop!
- 2× Catch, Battle, and Raid Stardust
- 2× XP for Gym Badges
- Earn up to five rewards per day from Trainer Battles, including Rare Candy.
- Earn up to three rewards per day from challenging team leaders, including Rare Candy.
Move A new move has been permanently added to the game! Power-Up Punch will now be available for certain Pokémon, such as Poliwrath, Hitmonchan, Kangaskhan, Medicham, and Lucario.
Our Battle Showdown event is sure to pack a punch, so don’t miss it!
—The Pokémon GO team
This post was written by Switch Nindies