Pokémon GO has kicked off it’s Lunar New Year Celebration! The celebration includes increased spawnrates for 12 different species, Double XP, Increased Lucky rate on trades, and even Shiny Spoink and Grumpig! Find official details below.
event, Mobile, news, Niantic, Niantic Labs, Nintendo Mobile, Pokemon, Pokemon Go
Pokémon Go Lunar New Year Celebration 2019:
Happy Year of the Pig! The Pokémon GO Lunar New Year event is happening once again, spotlighting 12 Pokémon and beginning February 4 at 1 p.m. PST. Take a look at the details below:
Event Date + Time
- Feb. 4, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) to Feb. 13, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)M
- Rattata, Ekans, Mankey, Ponyta, Electabuzz, Dratini, Mareep, Miltank, Torchic, Poochyena, Spoink, and Buneary will appear more frequently in the wild!
- If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Spoink!
- 2× Catch XP
- 2× XP when evolving Pokémon
- When you trade a Pokémon, there is an increased chance it will become a Lucky Pokémon!
Wishing you health, wealth, and luck during the Lunar New Year! Stay safe, and happy exploring!
—The Pokémon GO team
This post was written by Switch Nindies