December 16, 2018 9:16 pm Leave your thoughts
Ahead of the release of a new update for Splatoon 2 next week, the patch notes for Version 4.3.1 have dropped earlier than usual and you can see them right here:
Version 4.3.1: [Released 12/18/18]
Changes to Multiplayer:
- Specifications for some of the main weapons have been changed:
- Specifications for some of the sub weapons have been changed:
- Specifications for the following special weapon have been changed:
- Points required for using specials have been changed for certain main weapons:
- Fixed an issue causing Torpedos to disappear instead of exploding if they touched a piece of moving terrain while following a player.
- Fixed an issue in which players dealing contact damage to an opponent using a Booyah Bomb with their roller or brush weapon wouldn’t be thrown backward if they failed to splat the Booyah Bomb user with a single attack.
- Fixed an issue in Clam Blitz where readying a clam while being tracked by an opponent’s torpedo would cause the aiming reticle to react, even if the torpedo passed through the clam.
- Fixed an issue occurring on the Walleye Warehouse stage, related to taking damage from an opponent’s Ink Storm. While standing on the crates beneath the lights near the center of the stage, players would previously take damage from an opponent’s Ink Storm while standing on one crate but not the other, but will now take damage while standing on either crate.
- Fixed an issue occurring on the Shellendorf Institute stage, where certain animations did not display correctly when viewed through specific panes of glass.
Changes to Ranked Battle:
- Weapon specifications are taken into account when splitting an assembled group of eight players into teams for Ranked Battle, but this feature has been changed in the following ways:
- The number of players with crown icons in X Rank will no longer have a significant impact on team breakdown.
- The number of players using weapons from different categories such as “shooter” or “roller” won’t have a significant impact on team breakdown. Instead, the specifications for each specific weapon will be given more weight when splitting up teams.
Changes to Salmon Run:
- Fixed an issue occurring after creating a “With Friends” room where taking too long before selecting “Recruit more players” would cause other players not to join the room.
- Fixed an issue causing players to occasionally pass through stage terrain after touching and getting knocked back by a Scrapper or Flyfish while standing near a wall.
- Fixed an issue causing Scrappers to mistakenly not take damage when hit from behind with a direct shot from a Cannon.
Other to the Octo Expansion:
- Fixed an issue causing an unintended reaction when touching an ink rail while getting pulled to a Grapplink after attacking the Grapplink.
- When using the Kensa Splattershot Jr., the sticker on the player’s ink tank was previously the same as the one when using the Splattershot Jr., but is now unique. Fixed an issue in spectator mode that caused the “Turf Inked” stat for each weapon to increase incorrectly.
This post was written by Solid Jack