As part of an exclusive today, IGN had the pleasure of revealing Yacht Club Games’ next new game, Shovel Knight Showdown.
Although it will be available as part of a free download for Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, Shovel Knight Showdown will also be getting a standalone release that comes with a $9.99 purchase. But, with the news now out, Yacht Club Games have saw to it to reveal all kinds of news and we’ve gathered all the details for you, right here
Developer: Yacht Club Games;
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii U, Sony PS4, Sony PS3, Xbox One, PC, Mac, Linux, Amazon FireTV
Release Date: TBD Price: $9.99 or available as a free update to Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove on platforms listed above
Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazil, Russian, Japanese
Duel with up to 4 players and scramble after gems as your favorite heroic or villainous knight in Shovel Knight Showdown. All the classic Shovel Knight characters you know and love are playable, many for the first time ever! Gather your pals for endless multiplayer clashes, or take control of your favorite character and dig into Story Mode. Familiar controls, items, and mechanics return, making this a platform fighting game that anyone can jump into and try.
- Play as all the key heroes and villains from Shovel Knight, many for the first time ever! Master over 16 playable characters including Shovel Knight, Shield Knight, Black Knight, The Enchantress, and all of the Knights of the Order of No Quarter!
- Compete in one-on-one duels, frantic 4 player free-for-alls, and cooperative team battles against AI opponents or your friends in modes like Gem Clash, Showdown, and more!
- Battle through Story Mode, a multistage journey customized for each character! Your chosen hero will face a rival, defeat scores of opponents, relax with a minigame or two, and hopefully see their tale completed after an all-new final encounter!
- Explore myriad stages inspired by famous characters and locales in Shovel Knight, as well as a plethora of all-new stages.
- Prepare and perfect your moves in a full-featured practice mode.
- Yacht Club Game’s beautifully authentic style bridges the gap between yesterday and today. Design, art, and audio hearken back to the days of 8-bit, but with a frenetic new coat of paint!
- New songs compliment an award-winning soundtrack composed by Jake “Virt” Kaufman.
- Balanced and intuitive gameplay is a warm welcome to newcomers, and an old embrace for experts.
A gameplay video of Shovel Knight Showdown can be seen here:
But, if you think that is all the news we will get this week, related to Shovel Knight, then you are mistaken as news pertaining to King of Cards and the amiibo, has been confirmed to take place this week:
Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about King of Cards or the Treasure Trove amiibo 3-pack! We’re nearing the end of development on what is by far our biggest and most grandest singleplayer campaign yet!
Stay tuned for information on the final release date… later this week! pic.twitter.com/69XwTSAErh
— Yacht Club Games (@YachtClubGames) August 28, 2018
Tags: news, Nintendo Switch, Shovel Knight, Shovel Knight Showdown, Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, Wii U, Yacht Club Games
This post was written by Jack Longman