Good morning Villagers, or should I say Campers? If you logged onto Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp today, you might be aware there is a new event underway. Then again, maybe you have yet to log on and you’re not aware of it yet. Whatever the case though, we’re on hand to provide a guide on what the new event entails, so let’s begin:
What is Garden Safari?
Garden Safari is a new event for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, which makes use of the new garden area that became available last year. Rover has come to our campsite in search of some rare butterflies and he needs our help to find them, but how can we do that? Well, we can attract them with the flowers we grow.
What’s in it for Us?
As for why we would even want to do this, completing tasks for him, we see us earn ourselves from nice new furniture that will be added straight into our inventory.
When is the Event Happening?
The event schedule for the first ever Garden Safari event is as follows:
The event started on the 11th of January, 2018 at 08:00 CEST and ends at 07:59 CEST on the 22nd of January. The event is also divided into two parts with the second part beginning on the 17th at 08:00 CEST.
*Tasks for the first part of the event can still be completed in the second part of the event.
And now that we’ve got that part covered, as to what Garden Safari is, it’s time to talk about How to Play:
Step 1: Seeds
The butterflies Rover is after, are attracted by very certain flowers and in order to get these flowers, for the Blue Dahlia seeds, you will have to order them from Lloid, via the use of Leaf Tickets, or by getting lucky and getting them via completing Animal Requests. There are also Red Dahlia seeds that can also be received via completing Animal Requests, but not all the time.
Step 2: Plants
Once you have the seeds, it is important to grow them, because when these seasonal plants grown, the will occasionally draw rare insects to them, with the likes of the Red Dahlias attracting Topaz Butterfly and the Blue Dahlias attracting Diamond Butterflies.
Step 3: Catching your Prey
Once your flowers have down their job and attracted something, it is time for you to do yours and catch them, which is done via your net, so as long as you’ve caught bugs before, you’ll know what you’re doing right? Wrong. Whereas before first you tap on the bug to go into catch mode and tap the screen again when you are prompted to do so, this time around you must click on the bug over the plant, press capture or capture all and then your avatar will try to catch the bug and I say try because you can fail. So capturing is as simple as stated, with the more you catch, the better the rewards you can get too, but you can fail! If you don’t want to catch them yourself though out of fear of failing, you can pay Lloid Leaf Tickets and he’ll do it for you.
Step 4: Share the Love
It’s all well and good you catching them, but what about your friends? If they’re failing to perform, you can actually share the bugs you’ve caught in their gardens and by sharing them, you can occasionally be rewarded with seeds, given to you by Rover.
And now, to round this whole thing out, here are some helpful tips, just to help you out even further:
Pro Tips: (Before and After the Event)
- Rare Insects available during the entire January Garden Safari event include:
- Diamond Butterfly (first part of the event)
- Topaz Butterfly (first part of the event)
- Winter Butterfly (second part of the event)
- Gold Butterfly (second part of the event)
- Seasonal Plants available during the entire January Garden Safari event include:
- Blue Dahlias (first part of the event)
- Red Dahlias (first part of the event)
- White Dahlias (second part of the event)
- When the event is over, all insects and plants in your inventory will be converted into Bells and will no longer appear in your garden.
- None of the Seasonal Plants can be cross-pollinated.
- Seasonal Plants can be planted when the event is over, as long as you have the seeds for them.
- Lloid will not sell you Seasonal Seeds when the event is over and completing Animal Requests will not let you earn them either.
As always, we hope you found our little guide helpful.
This post was written by Solid Jack