Whether you buy into the rumours and speculation of a Nintendo Direct taking place this month, or not, hype is in the air and prediction articles are coming. Well, here’s me with an alternative.
Instead of writing an article all about my own hopes, desires and predictions, I’m going to write something else. I am going to write up a huge number of things that I happened to see, when I had a dream all about this month’s supposed Nintendo Direct and after already sharing a whole bunch of them on Twitter, I’m going to be sharing them here now and some of them, really are bizarre:
- First up 7 3DS games were shown and 21 Switch games were covered.
- One new 3DS game has you play the role of the manager to the Squid Sisters and must get them gigs.
- If you’ve played Splatoon 2 and saved your set up to an amiibo, you can use it as your avatar.
- Game is set after the story events of both games.
- Direct is around 53 minutes long and starts at 11pm on the 10th of January.
- Super Mario Maker for Switch is revealed and more than just a port. The 2D look from Super Mario Odyssey is one of the art styles.
- Star Fox Zero is being ported to Switch.
- Animal Crossing is happening for Switch and planned for Q2.
- Kid Icarus game for 3DS is coming.
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 is coming to Switch and out in Q3.
- Link’s Awakening Remake by Grezzo is coming to 3DS in 2018. Physical game comes with a Download code for the original Link’s Awakening, like with Metroid: Samus Returns.
- Most games shown only have about a minute each.
- Kirby is out early March.
- Yoshi for Switch is out end of April.
- Fire Emblem Switch is properly revealed. Is more like Awakening. Supports all previous Fire Emblem amiibo.
- Fire Emblem Switch is a singular game and out in June.
- Ubisoft reveal an unannounced game for Switch.
- Both Braverly games will be Confirmed for Switch and packed together.
- Lost Sphear will have a trailer.
- Konami show off something Castlevania related.
- Wolfenstein has a new trailer.
- New Ice Climbers game is revealed to be in development.
- New WarioWare instalment revealed.
- Nintendo have a new whacky Switch game out in February.
- Metroid Prime trailer will show off Samus’ latest look but not the game’s title.
- Inazuma Eleven for Switch is shown.
- Bandai Namco have a Switch trailer of DragonBall ZFighter for Switch.
- Western release of One Piece Warriors 3 is confirmed. Q2 release.
- New Donkey Country game revealed for a Q4 release and Retro aren’t involved.
- Nintendo confirm another Direct will take place around in March to properly cover the games releasing in the months that follow.
- There’s another Bayonetta 3 teaser with the promise we’ll see more of it at E3.
- Wonderful 101 is coming to Switch.
- New free game for 3DS is revealed. Is Miitomo like and makes use of amiibos.
- Zelda Four Swords Adventures Anniversary Edition is coming back to 3DS for free for a limited time, to celebrate Breath of the Wild’s success, like with A Link Between Worlds a few years ago.
- The game will also be free to Switch owners as well, as Grezzo have in fact made the port their first Switch game to get used to Switch hardware.
- Smash port is not shown and nor is Pikmin 4.
Now, while some are more sane and possible, others are so outlandish they clearly won’t happen, but that’s the point of all this. No one is actually going to get it all right, but we right to be hyped up about them and dream the impossible, because right now Nintendo are doing the impossible and doing a very good job at it too, so thank you for checking out my weird fantasy and feel free to have some of your own. If you dream crazy enough, you might just be able to conceive three of the things that will absolutely get shown and in what capacity.
Until next time, keep on gaming!Tags: 3DS, Animal Crossing Switch, Bravely Default, Bravely Second: End Layer, Feature, Fire Emblem Switch, Link's Awakening, Lost Sphear, Luigi's Mansion 3, Metroid Prime 4, nintendo direct, Nintendo Mobile, Nintendo Switch, Squid Sisters on 3DS, Star Fox Zero, super mario maker, The Legend Of Zelda, WarioWare Switch
This post was written by Solid Jack