If there was just one concern consumers had about the Switch, it would have to be with regards to the consoles lack of an ability to transfer user and save data to another console.
Only now, after many months have passed since the console released, a new firmware update is out and the means to transfer is now possible and while none of us might be in a hurry to do so just yet, we’re still going to take this moment to educate you on how the process works.
Things to Consider Before Starting:
- You will need both a Source console to take User and Save Data from and a Target console to put the data on.
- Both Switch consoles will need to be running on Version 4.0.0 or later.
- On the Source console, you will need to have a Nintendo Account linked to the User data you wish to transfer.
- Bear in mind you can only have 8 User accounts created on each console, so if you wish to transfer 1 User over, the Target console can not have more than 7 User accounts on it.
- In addition to User Space, the Target Console is required to have enough internal storage to accommodate the data you will be transferring.
- Make sure both consoles are fully charged, as depending on how much you ae transferring, while determine how long the process will take.
The Steps to Follow:
- On the Source console, on the Home Menu, select “System Settings! and scroll down to “User.”
- In “User” you should see “Transfer Your User Save Data.” Click on it and choose “Next” and then “Next” again.
- Where it says “Source Console” select it to indicate that the content will be transferred from the console you are currently using.
- Select “Continue” and then proceed with the process by turning on the Target Console.
- Similar to Step 1, from the Home Menu on the Target console, access “System Settings” and scroll down to “Users.”
- Repeat Step 2. (In “User” you should see “Transfer Your User Save Data.” Click on it and choose “Next” and then “Next” again.
- Unlike Step 3 where you had to select “Source Console,” this time you need to select Target Console. Once down you will be prompted to sign into your Nintendo Account.
- Once signed in, back on the Source console, you will need to wait for the Target Console to be found. When it is, select “Transfer,” so that the transfer process can begin.
- Once the transfer process to complete, select “End” to complete the process.
- Give yourself a congratulatory pat on the back and do a happy dance, but that’s entirely option.
As always, we hope you found our little guide helpful.
This post was written by Solid Jack