It was the worst kept secret in the videogames industry and yet it is an absolute reality. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is real and it is still being shown right now during the Ubisoft E3 2017 Conference and even Shigeru Miyamoto took to the stage:
As the presentation goes on, we will be slowly adding new details about the game here:
- Xavier Manxanares, a Producer from Ubisoft Paris is on hand to talk about the game.
- The game has been in development for 3 years.
- “They don’t know each other at first but will become a dream team that will save the Mushroom Kingdom.”
- Rabbid Pipes can be used to turn the tide in battle.
- Whilst being a very Mario styled game, it is also a very Rabbids-like game so expect lots of humour.
- Interesting levels.
- Mario has a Zero Sight ability that when used, will allow him to attack an enemy when it isn’t Mario’s turn as soon as the enemy moves.
- Enemies hiding behind cover can still be attacked as the cover can be destroyed.
- As well as offensive abilities, characters can also have defensive abilities.
- Upon the Rabbids teleporting into the Mushroom Kingdom, which has caused it to become unstable and chaotic.
- Official website is: mario-rabbids.com
- Launches exclusively on Switch on the 29th of August.