If you’re getting sick to death hearing about the rumoured Mario + Rabbids game Ubisoft are apparently on, then it seems the time for putting the rumours to bed as Nintendo World Report has now blown the whole story apart!
Kotaku may have refused to show off images pertaining to the game, but Nintendo World Report have thought differently as today that have shared something of a tell-all article that has revealed even more details about the game and they have plenty of photos to go with it! Get ready for a rundown of all the details shared, because that’s exactly what we’re going to give you:
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is meant to be a surprise announcement at E3 2017 and see a Summer release.
- Although Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is meant to be out in Summer, it will be either August or September.
- Ubisoft will be publishing the game, whereas Ubisoft Paris & Ubisoft Milan are credited as being the developers.
- The Snowdrop engine is what Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle was developed with.
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle will be a Switch exclusive.
- Genre is classed as being a Crazy combat adventure.
- Story mode’s length is listed as being around 20 hours long.
- There are 8 playable characters in all with 4 being Mario, Peach, Luigi and Yoshi and the other 4 being Rabbid versions of the 4 just mentioned.
- Mario is described as being “The Leader,” whereas Rabbid Mario is “The Macho Man.”
- Peach is described as being “The Badass Princess,” whereas Rabbid Peach is described as being #sassy and #nofilter.
- Luigi is described as being “The Eagle Eye,” whereas Rabbid Luigi is “The Unstable.”
- Yoshi is described as being “The Explosive Head,” whereas Rabbid Yoshi is “The Crazy One.”
- For the first time ever, Mario characters can use guns that fire laser beams as previously revealed.
- Exploration makes up 35% of the game with combat making up the remaining 35%.
- Combat is weapon based, hence the guns.
- Although Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is a RPG, it is more like a strategy RPG than the Mario RPGs we’re used to.
- While one player play is supported, so is co-op.
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom features four Mario worlds that have been twisted and “filled with references.”
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom will be playable at E3 2017 as part of a first hands on and then again at Gamescom.
Granted a few of the details are things we have heard before, there are plenty of new details and images for the first time ever that have been shared to the public, so this is a big deal and it is one we can expect to receive official confirmation on next month, so get hyped! E3 is nearly here and so is Summer!
Source: Nintendo World ReportTags: E3 2017, mario, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo World Report, Rabbids, Rumours, Ubisoft
This post was written by Solid Jack