When Nintendo fails to provide, DeNA does!
Last month, Nintendo revealed the results of their last fiscal year and talked a great deal about what we can expect for the one we’re in now, but something they didn’t talk about was the mobile Animal Crossing game, other than to state it will release sometime during the current fiscal year.
Fortunately DeNA, Nintendo’s partner in the mobile industry had a fourth quarter meeting of their own and they were a bit more forthcoming with details for the mobile Animal Crossing game, but the details don’t tell us all that much and as for what else they shared, it’s essentially a regurgitation of what we heard from Nintendo, but it is information worth repeating so here it all is:
- Animal Crossing mobile will release this financial year (before 31 March 2018). Specific delivery time of Animal Crossing will be at a later date.
- The partnership with Nintendo is medium to long-term.
- They will publicly announce future titles when appropriate.
- They are developing collaborative titles that will release beyond this term.
- Will focus on updates and events etc to Fire Emblem Heroes.
- Reached a satisfactory level of sales with Fire Emblem Heroes.
- Super Mario Run has reached 165 countries and will soon achieve 150 million downloads.
Personally I wish Nintendo weren’t so critical with when they’ll announce their mobile games, as it would be nice to know what else we can expect to see release in the next 12 months, but this is Nintendo we’re talking about. They do love to keep their cards close to their chest, but you’ve heard my take, what’s yours?
Source: Japanese Nintendo (tumblr)Tags: animal crossing, DeNA, Fire Emblem Heroes, news, Nintendo Mobile, Super Mario Run
This post was written by Solid Jack