Although Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World is not due for release until on February the 3rd for both Europe and North America, for 3DS devices, Nintendo have stepped forward to provide new details and a new trailer!
According to the press release sent out, the new details are as follows:
- The Wii U’s Yoshi’s Woolly World will be receiving an update alongside Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World’s release that will see the Wii U title compatible with the Yarn Poochy amiibo.
- Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World will feature 30 stop-motion animations, all of which were done by Japanese animation studio Dwarf. (This was first mentioned during the 3DS Direct we had back on September 1st)
- Scanning the Yarn Poochy amiibo allows players to summon Poochy to help them out and that when scanning the amiibo on Poochy Dash stages, players will unlock “fast-paced Time Attach challenges” that provided you beat them, will reward you with new Poochy Patterns.
- There are plenty of new patterns for Yoshis to be discovered in Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World, what with the likes of the new Splatoon and Animal Crossing amiibo being compatible with the 3DS title.
- Also Mellow Mode (from the Wii U version), will also be making a comeback and as well as Yoshi sprouting wings, Yoshi can now call on Poochy Pups to assist him in a number of ways. Ways that include discovering secrets, attacking enemies and finding hidden collectables.
And since that is enough reading for this article, here’s the new trailer for Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World:
This post was written by Solid Jack