Introducing the three biggest games you need to play this month…
After what has felt like a lifetime of waiting, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is finally here. Yet, it’s not the only big game releasing on the Nintendo Switch this month and so here is a quick reminder as to what this month’s biggest games are:
[Guide] The Biggest Games Releasing on Nintendo Switch | May 2023:
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (May 12, 2023)
Genre: Adventure, Action, Role-Playing
No. of Players: 1 (Single System) | 2 (Local Wireless) | 2 (Online)
File Size: 18.2 GB
An epic adventure across the land and skies of Hyrule awaits in The Legend of Zelda™: Tears of the Kingdom for Nintendo Switch™. The adventure is yours to create in a world fueled by your imagination.
In this sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, you’ll decide your own path through the sprawling landscapes of Hyrule and the mysterious islands floating in the vast skies above. Can you harness the power of Link’s new abilities to fight back against the malevolent forces that threaten the kingdom?
Nintendo Switch Online members can buy a pair of Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers* and redeem each one for any game in the voucher catalog—including The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
Trinity Trigger (EU: May 15, 2023)
Genre: Role-Playing, Adventure, Action
No. of Players: 1 – 3 (Single System)
File Size: 3 GB
Step into the world of Trinity Trigger, an all-new action role-playing game combining the look and feel of iconic RPGs of the ‘90s with a modern emphasis on fast-paced, customizable combat. As Cyan, a young man burdened by the gods with the mantle of Warrior of Chaos and an inevitable clash against the Warrior of Order, players will set out on a grand adventure to defy fate and save Trinitia. Cyan and his companions Elise and Zantis are accompanied by strange creatures known as Triggers that can transform into eight types of weapons, and players can switch freely between the three characters to implement a solo combat strategy, or team up with up to two friends for local co-op.
Together, they will write a new destiny.
- Master the Weapons of the Gods – Solve puzzles and defeat enemies alone or with friends in local co-op as you traverse the dungeons of each Arma, towers made from the fallen weapons of the gods.
- Seek Out Trinitia’s Mysteries – Reveal hidden passages by exploring every last bit of Trinitia’s diverse biomes. Chat with townsfolk for clues to uncover the heavily guarded secrets held in these forests, deserts, snowfields, and more.
- Change the Tide of Battle – Make expert use of the Weapon Wheel in battle to change between eight weapon types on the fly. Every enemy has a weakness—finding and exploiting it is the key to victory.
- A Generational Role-Playing Epic – Trinity Trigger was inspired by the iconic RPGs of yesteryear, but its accessible and rewarding gameplay incorporates modern flourishes to make it an exciting new adventure for players of all ages.
LEGO 2K Drive (May 19, 2023)
Genre: Arcade, Adventure, Racing, Multiplayer
No. of Players: 1 – 2 (Single System) | 1 – 2 (Local Wireless) | 1 – 6 (Online)
File Size: 4.5 GB
Welcome to Bricklandia, home of a massive open-world LEGO® driving adventure. Race anywhere, play with anyone, build your dream rides, and defeat a cast of wild racing rivals for the coveted Sky Trophy!
In LEGO 2K Drive, your awesome transforming vehicle gives you the freedom to speed seamlessly across riveting racetracks, off-road terrain, and open waters. Explore the vast world of Bricklandia, show off your driving skills, and build vehicles brick-by-brick!
- THE ULTIMATE LEGO DRIVING EXPERIENCE – Get behind the wheel and gear up for tons of open-world exploration and thrilling races! Take on the exciting Story mode, jump into a single race or Cup Series tourneys, and let loose in off-the-wall minigames. Master the art of drifting, boosting, jumping, and using power-ups to defeat opponents!
- RACE FOR THE SKY TROPHY – Story mode follows your journey from rookie racer to famous champion as you compete against a series of charismatic rivals. With each victory, you’ll work your way up the ranks to take on the infamous Shadow Z.
- OPEN-WORLD EXPLORATION – The vast and vibrant world of Bricklandia is yours to explore as you see fit, full of colorful characters and kooky quests. Zoom past lush fields on Turbo Acres’ pavement, go off-roading in the deserts of Big Butte County, cruise across Prospecto Valley’s picturesque waterways, and more.
- UNLEASH YOUR CREATIVITY – Building vehicles in the Garage is as easy as snapping bricks together. Construct new cars and boats from scratch, modify any vehicle in your collection, or unwind with guided builds, then take your creation for a drive!
- PLAY TOGETHER AT HOME AND ONLINE – Roam around Bricklandia in local splitscreen or join your driving buddies online!
Do you agree with our selection of titles or feel like we’ve left a few games out? Please let us know!