Part 3 of 4.
It’s hard to believe the Nintendo Switch is already five and a half years old and yet, despite its inferiority compared to the more powerful console alternatives, the hybrid platform has been able to hold its own and boasts such an incredible library of games. In fact, sometimes, with so many games coming to the Nintendo Switch, it’s all too easy to forget about the many upcoming releases there are, but that’s where we come in.
To combat this dreaded issue, we have gotten into the habit of highlighting the many games that are on their way to Switch and first up, we’re highlighting 16 games that are releasing this October, but so as not to overwhelm our readers, we are going to be highlighting four games a day, for the next four days. Having already kicked off our October checklist, welcome back for Part 3:
[Guide] 16 Upcoming Games for Nintendo Switch in October: (Part 3)
DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS (October 14, 2022)
Publisher: Bandai Namco Entertainment
Genre: Action, Multiplayer
No. of Players: 1 (Single Player) | 1 – 8 (Online)
File Size: 3.8 GB
DRAGON BALL: THE BREAKERS is an online asymmetrical action game in which a team of 7 ordinary citizens tries to survive the Raider (a classic DRAGON BALL rival such as Cell, Frieza, and Buu), who will hunt them down and evolve during the game into an unstoppable force. Escaping won’t be so easy!
- Escape as a team… or on your own! – Cooperate with others while there is still time, but the Raider or other Survivors’ decisions might force you to go at it alone. What will be your playstyle?
- Trapped in a Temporal Seam – Escape from large maps composed of several areas, but be careful; the Raider always watches over you and may destroy areas to reduce the space at your disposal, making your chances of escaping much slimmer.
- Enjoy playing as a Raider: an iconic Dragon Ball rival! – As a Raider, you will enjoy overwhelming powers to hunt and wipe out Survivors. Master each Raider’s unique abilities to track, catch your victims to evolve, and become even more powerful!
- Customize your playstyle – Whether you’re a Raider or a Survivor, choose your progression path and unlock skills, skins, and items to fine-tune your own personal strategy to escape as a Survivor or triumph as a Raider.
- Enjoy unique power-ups and items – Vehicles, weapons, capsules… take the most out of each gimmick to outsmart the Raider and escape from the Temporal Seam!
*This product is a multiplayer game that is played mainly through online matches between players. The only modes that allow single play are Episodes, which will be the tutorial, and the Practice Mode, which allows players to practice the game.
*Online matches allow you to play against players from all over the world. You will match with people whose network conditions are optimal for the region you play in.
Them’s Fightin’ Herds (October 18, 2022)
Publisher: Maximum Games
Genre: Fighting, Multiplayer, Arcade, Party
No. of Players: 1 – 2 (Single Player) | 1 – 2 (Online)
File Size: 3.1 GB
Them’s Fightin’ Herds is a 2D fighting game featuring a cast of adorable animals designed by acclaimed cartoon producer Lauren Faust. Beneath the cute and cuddly surface, a serious fighter awaits!
- Streamlined Combat – 4-button fighting mechanics, magic system, enhanced super attack, and juggle decay to prevent infinite combos.
- Story Mode – An episodic adventure filled with exploration, combat challenges, minigames, and boss fights!
- Local Versus and Online Matchmaking – Fight opponents offline or battle across the globe with GGPO’s powerful rollback netcode.
- Tutorial and Training Modes – Learn the ropes with combo trials and guided tutorials, practice combos in the data-rich training room, and view replays from your matches!
- Pixel Lobby – Unlock accessories, customize your avatar, and explore a top-down visual lobby with other players online.
- Dynamic Music System – Rockin’ battle music adapts to the characters to make every match feel like a clash of champions.
MARIO + RABBIDS SPARKS OF HOPE (October 20, 2022)
No. of Players: 1 (Single Player)
File Size: 5.7 GB
Team up with Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Rabbid Peach, Rabbid Luigi, and their friends on a galactic journey to defeat a malevolent entity and save your Spark companions. Explore planets throughout the galaxy as you uncover mysterious secrets and compelling quests!
- Build your dream team with three heroes from an eclectic roster of nine.
- Take down all new bosses, along with some familiar enemies throughout the galaxy.
- Rescue the adorable Sparks throughout the galaxy, who provide distinct powers that will help you in battle.
- Unleash your heroes’ skills but be strategic as you dash your enemies, team jump on your allies, and hide behind covers.
Persona 5 Royal (October 21, 2022)
No. of Players: 1 (Single Player) | 1 (Online)
File Size: 14.2 GB
Prepare for the award-winning RPG experience in this definitive edition of Persona 5 Royal, featuring a treasure trove of downloadable content included!
Forced to transfer to a high school in Tokyo, the protagonist has a strange dream. “You truly are a prisoner of fate. In the near future, ruin awaits you.” With the goal of “rehabilitation” looming overhead, he must save others from distorted desires by donning the mask of a Phantom Thief.
Key Features include:
- Explore Tokyo, unlock Personas, customize your own personal Thieves Den, experience alternate endings, and more
- Become the ultimate Phantom Thief and defy conventions, discover the power within, and fight for justice in the definitive version of Personal 5 Royal
- Includes over 40 items of previously released downloadable content
- Choose between Japanese and English VO
All details regarding the games above were true at the time we sourced them directly from Nintendo’s own website. If there are any changes between now and each game’s eventual release, we apologize in advance and we hope you have enjoyed the selected titles so far. For even more games, we hope you come back for tomorrow’s final instalment.