Class is in session.
With less than a month to go before the release of Bayonetta 3, PlatinumGames have started to ramp up their marketing and have created a new series of blogs they care calling Umbran Studies. The first study is available now, with Bayonetta 3 director, Yusuke Miyata on hand to discuss what the new blog is about, before beginning to provide readers with a series of informative tidbits and new imagery. We have the whole thing available right here:
Hi everyone, it’s been a while since I reached out. Bayonetta 3 Director Yusuke Miyata here. I am excited to let you know that we are starting the developer blog for Bayonetta 3, titled “Umbran Studies”.
The dev team members and myself will endeavor to provide you with some intriguing and in-depth info about the game as we sincerely hope that you will all stay tuned and look out for more info about Bayonetta 3 coming your way!
To kick things off, let’s take a quick look at “Nintendo Direct 9.13.22” and “Ways of the Witch” trailer.
So, what did you think of the trailers? With this new “Bayonetta,” we really hope that we have been able to provide you with that little extra spice of sheer “excitement” through the many unique features and mechanics that we have crafted into every part of the game, from the storyline to the action. In the “Ways of the Witch” trailer, we have focused on intricately demonstrating the core action mechanics and showing off many of the features that we had kept under wraps until now. Rest assured though, as Bayonetta 3 still sports that amazing non-stop climactic action experience.
Oh, and we have added even more depth and variety to the already stylish gameplay! Experience brand-new gameplay features such as Demon Slave, which lets Bayonetta control Infernal Demons at will to obliterate enemies, and Demon Masquerade, where Bayonetta fuses with an Infernal Demon to uniquely control the demons and wield even more formidable magic power. We are confident that we have created a Bayonetta title that hosts the highest degree of freedom and the most content-dense experience in the entire series.
I shall digress for a moment. The name of this blog, “Umbran Studies,” was borrowed from the in-game “tutorial book” of the same name, which can be accessed at any time during the game. If you ever need help in the game, we recommend that you browse through “Umbran Studies” to try and find an answer…hopefully.
We have a bit more time to go until launch, but all of us on the Bayonetta 3 team hope you will stick with us until the release on October 28.
The Biggest Upcoming Nintendo Switch Exclusives:
- Bayonetta (2022) – Release Date: September 30, 2022 [Physical Release]
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (2022) – Release Date: October 20, 2022
- Bayonetta 3 (2022) – Release Date: October 28, 2022
- Pokémon Scarlet (2022) – Release Date: November 18, 2022
- Pokémon Violet (2022) – Release Date: November 18, 2022
- Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp (2022) – Release Date: 2022
- Fire Emblem Engage (2023) – Release Date: January 20, 2023
- Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe (2023) – Release Date: February 24, 2023
- OCTOPATH TRAVELER II (2023) – Release Date: February 24, 2023
- Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star (2023) – Release Date: March 2023
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (2023) – Release Date: May 12, 2023
- Pikmin 4 (2023) – Release Date: 2023