All you can eat and play awaits!
When Nintendo first announced Kirby’s Dream Buffet, giving it a general Summer release, it was hoped the game would roll out sometime in August, between Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Splatoon 3. Now thanks to a new announcement by Nintendo, we know that’s precisely the case when Kirby’s Dream Buffet releases next week no less, on August 17, 2022 with a brand-new overview trailer available here:
Kirby’s Dream Buffet will be available from the Nintendo Switch eShop for £13.49 / $14.99 US.
About Kirby’s Dream Buffet:
Roll through a smorgasbord of food-themed stages in 4 rounds of 4-player* fun as Kirby…who seems rounder than usual? Race through delicious obstacle courses to collect strawberries as Kirby grows. Then, turn the tides in the final round—a fruity fight atop a floating platform.
- Roll through delicious, food-themed obstacle courses in 4-player matches
- Collect strawberries to grow bigger and prepare for the final battle
Four types of frenzied fun:
- Gourmet Grand Prix – Race across mouth-watering obstacle courses collecting strawberries to plump up Kirby. Play a minigame in the bonus stage between races. Then turn the tides in the battle round – a final fruity fight atop a floating platform.
- Race – Roll through food-themed courses collecting strawberries and Copy Foods as you race to the finish. Earn extra strawberries at cake goals at the end of the race.
- Minigame – Play a delectable minigame between races Compete with other players to collect as many strawberries as possible within the time limit.
- Battle Royale – In the final confrontation, knock opponents off the stage to steal their strawberries. Use your Copy Food Abilities as you battle it out to see which Kirby has grown largest!
Delectable customization options:
- Find your sweet style – Dress Kirby in scrumptious costumes that look like Meta Knight, King Dedede, Elfilin, and more.
- Add a dash of color – Customize Kirby with an array of different color options to help you start the race in style.
- Top it off with treats – Decorate your own cake with treats that look like cookies, chocolates, and candies from the Kirby™ series of games.
Power up with Copy Foods:
- When you see a Food Box, roll through it to gain a Copy Food Ability. You might get a Turbo Burning boost from a Burning Pepper or a Hyper Tornado from Tornado Frosting!
- With simple controls and the chance for quick comebacks, these playful power-ups can help level the competition for younger players.
The Biggest Upcoming Switch Exclusives for 2022:
- Kirby’s Dream Buffet (2022) – Release Date: August 17, 2022
- Splatoon 3 (2022) – Release Date: September 9, 2022
- Bayonetta (2022) – Release Date: September 30, 2022 [Physical Release]
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (2022) – Release Date: October 20, 2022
- Bayonetta 3 (2022) – Release Date: October 28, 2022
- Pokémon Scarlet (2022) – Release Date: November 18, 2022
- Pokémon Violet (2022) – Release Date: November 18, 2022
- Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp (2022) – Release Date: 2022
Source: Nintendo (Twitter)