From a big ball of pink to a big heart…
With Kirby being such a lovable character, and a gorgeous shade of pink, ahead of Kirby and the Forgotten Land’s switch debut next month, Nintendo have opted to make him this year’s mascot for Valentine’s Day.
Yes, Kirby is now the face of love in 2022 and to celebrate this fact, Nintendo has created some lovely Valentine’s Day cards, which you can see right here:
About Kirby and the Forgotten Land:
Float off on an all-new adventure as the powerful puffball, Kirby. Explore in 3D stages as you discover a mysterious world with abandoned structures from a past civilization—like a shopping mall?! Copy enemies’ abilities like the new Drill and Ranger and use them to attack, explore your surroundings, and save the kidnapped Waddle Dees from the ferocious Beast Pack alongside the mysterious Elfilin. Hope you’re hungry for an unforgettable adventure!
Get a mouthful of real-world objects for all-new, powerful transformations – Feeling hungry? Kirby can inhale real-world objects and transform using Mouthful Mode! Why get one drink from a vending machine when you can swallow the whole thing? Then, use your boxy body to shoot out cans at baddies. Consume a car to gain some wheels and slam through walls. Sit back and take it all in…literally.
Join up with a pointy partner, Bandana Waddle Dee, in co-op play – Pass a Joy-Con™ controller to a buddy to play as the spear-wielding Bandana Waddle Dee and help each other explore and battle through this colorful world. While Kirby can float and inhale enemies, Bandana Waddle Dee can spin and stab with his sturdy spear. Find friendship in this forgotten world and save the Waddle Dees!
Float over obstacles and fight through enemies on your way to each stage’s goal as you slash, poke, freeze, and hammer using Kirby’s copy abilities. The tough puff is truly put to the test in dynamic boss battles that will keep you dancing about the arena. Choose from two difficulty modes for either a light, breezy adventure or a more challenging experience.
Each themed stage you travel through will hide several friendly Waddle Dees in peril! Save them to grow the home base of your adventure, the once-deserted Waddle Dee Town. The Waddle Dees you rescue will unlock shops, leaderboards*, and the ability to evolve copy abilities to make them stronger. You’ll also be able to enjoy some of the townsfolk’s favorite games. Use compatible amiibo™ accessories** or Present Codes at Waddle Dee-liveries for useful in-game items. Track down cute collectibles to give Kirby’s house some extra charm either at the Gotcha Machine Alley or during your adventure.
The Biggest Upcoming Switch Exclusives for 2022:
- TRIANGLE STRATEGY (2022) – Release Date: Mar 4, 2022
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land (2022) – Release Date: Mar 25, 2022
- Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp (2022) – Release Date: Apr 8, 2022
- Nintendo Switch Sports (2022) – Release Date: Apr 29, 2022
- Mario Strikers: Battle League (2022) – Release Date: Jun 10, 2022
- Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (2022) – Release Date: Jun 24, 2022
- MONSTER HUNTER RISE: SUNBREAK (2022) – Release Date: Summer 2022
- Splatoon 3 (2022) – Release Date: Summer 2022
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (2022) – Release Date: September 2022
- Bayonetta 3 (2022) – Release Date: 2022
- The Sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2022) – Release Date: 2022
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (2022) – Release Date: 2022
- Pokémon Scarlet (2022) – Release Date: Late 2022
- Pokémon Violet (2022) – Release Date: Late 2022
Source: @NintendoAmerica (Twitter)