Why wait until next year to play them?
With Christmas just around the corner and the new year to shortly follow after, as I found myself scrolling through the Coming Soon section in the eShop, browsing with my UK based Nintendo Account, I came across plenty of games I knew about already and a few I didn’t.
Among the games I didn’t recognize, however, there are five of them, all with playable demos that can be downloaded now and while gathering gameplay is in the works, I thought I’d take this time now to highlight the games before I play them, just to share them with you guys, in case you wish to try them out for themselves in the meantime.
5 Games Coming to Nintendo Switch in 2022 with Demos:
Release Date: May 2022
Developer: FedeG’s Games
Publisher: Nameless Studio
Players: 1 player
Genre: Adventure, Puzzle
You play as Phoebe, a joyful girl who has been shocked by the car accident that involved Joey, her boyfriend. She found a mysterious note that made her realize that he might have planned that accident for months.
You have to explore the house, find clues and discover more about Joey and Phoebe’s past, pass through seven days to save a life and gather information all around you.
Will you save Joey?
Explore the house through Phoebe’s eyes
The fear has taken over Phoebe and it’s your turn to find a way out. Look around, you might not know what lures in the darkness of the mind, use your phone, it might reveal things you may not see, and gather items, they can always be useful.
Don’t be afraid, take everything you can!
Even when you think that those items will never be useful, try and take them, you might always be surprised! But choose wisely, sometimes you might not be able to carry all of that precious loot!
You will need patience and a keen eye to choose what to take and you might need to double check some of the ints, but don’t worry, you will have all the time you need to save your love.
Release Date: TBD
Developer: Giant Door
Publisher: Giant Door
Players: up to 4 players
Genre: Platformer, Puzzle
A physics-based puzzle-platformer about the importance of friendship!
Gather all your friends and take them on a journey to save their endangered planet!
Take their hand as you find them and form a conga line to be sure not to leave anyone behind but be careful: the longer the line, the harder to control!
On the other hand (haha!), certain obstacles are easier to overcome when you have friends on your side.
- Unique group platforming: Control not one, not two, but a whole bunch of wacky friends… all at the same time!
- Different friends, different abilities: On your journey you encounter different kinds of friends: each of them has unique abilities to help you throughout your quest.
- Derpy puzzles: Use your friends’ different abilities to overcome challenges and swing past obstacles.
- Couch co-op: Invite some (real-life) friends to join you anytime!
- Dynamic music: A carefully crafted, multi-layered soundtrack that evolves as your conga line gets longer.
- Cuteness overload: Lovely animated characters to cheer you up while saving the world.
- Beautiful alien landscapes: Explore colorful and lively worlds as you travel through space to look out for your friends.
- Friendship included!
Release Date: February 10, 2022
Developer: WhaleFood Games
Publisher: Blowfish Studios
Players: up to 4 players
Genre: Fighting, Sports, Action, Arcade
Compete against your friends in a fantasy sport that mixes soccer with kung fu action movies. Fly through the air and unleash a flurry of punches, kicks, and mystical arts to overpower the other team and smash the ball into their bell. Every bell ring counts as a point and the team with the most points when time runs out is crowned the winner.
Hone your skills in the single-player championship modes against increasingly difficult AI, then duke it out with friends in either local multiplayer or online multiplayer in versus or quickmatch modes.
- 1v1 and 2v2 Online Multiplayer Matches
- Play locally and online with your friends or fight random players in a quickmatch.
- Quick to learn, Hard to master:
- While there’s only three buttons to keep track of, there are a whole host of moves that can be pulled off with different combinations.
- Six Unique Stages:
- Battle it out on six detailed stages, featuring environmental challenges and challenging level designs to make each stage feel different and fun.
- Six Different Characters:
- Choose to play from a roster of six beautifully crafted pixel art characters:
- The Monk – A well rounded option
- The Assassin – Super quick but doesn’t hit as hard
- The Drunken Boxer – Has his own unique fighting style
- The Old Master – Slower in his old age, but still packs an incredible punch
- The Legend – Nimble and can still send the ball flying with his kicks
- The Panda – She’s a true heavy hitter
Release Date: TBD
Developer: Geo Games Official
Publisher: Restless Corp
Players: 1 player
Genre: Adventure, Action, Puzzle
Take up the role of Detective James as you try to uncover a mysterious criminal’s hidden identity. Reveal deep and disturbing secrets, solve unique puzzles and bring the schemes of a dark Cult to light.
Timeline: England 1965-1980 Detective James, a man suffering from dementia, is moving in to a new area, in order to investigate a murder at Highburn Street.
The game explores the depths of dementia, James’ character and his past, as well as the cult Red Order and their connection with the protagonist’s life.
Worth noted, the fact that the person behind the murder, is a wanted thief with a well known signature. The events will lead the protagonist to investigate a whole mansion alone.
This is not going to be a normal investigation nor a peaceful night for James, which will result in many hallucinations and big reveals for him.
Linear Story Driven Campaign. Our goal is to deliver an emotional journey that will be memorable to the players
3D Audio. One of the biggest reasons to wear headphones
Volumetric Lighting. Spooky atmosphere with dynamic lighting, realistic reflections and shadows.
Inventory Management. Collect useful tools or items throughout your journey.
Visual Effects and paranormal events that add up more to the experience.
Horror Elements. It wouldn’t be a dark story without the “Fear” factor.
Release Date: August 19, 2022 (Previously May 15, 2022)
Developer: Bedtime Digital Games
Publisher: Bedtime Digital Games
Players: up to 2 players
Genre: Adventure, Action, Music, Puzzle
Figment 2: Creed Valley is an action-adventure game set in the human mind. Nightmares are spreading chaos and enemies have overrun once-peaceful lands. Join Dusty, the Mind’s courage, as you make your way through puzzles, musical boss fights and unique environments. Face your fears head-on.
Nightmares have shattered the Moral Compass, making The Mind unable to function properly. Dusty and his ever-optimistic sidekick, Piper, must travel to Creed Valley, where The Mind’s ideals are formed to restore peace. A journey filled with musical showdowns and mind-bending puzzles awaits.
- Musical Showdowns – Nightmares have their own theme songs, shining light on why they have appeared. Dodge and weave as they taunt you.
- A Living, Rhythmic World – Chat with The Mind’s ever-changing opinions and tune in to the world’s rhythm.
- One Mind, Two Perspectives – Explore The Mind’s two fundamental states: Open-minded and Closed-minded. Switch between states and adapt to the shifting environment to move forward.
- Rack Your Brain, Hone Your Sword – Prove your mental and physical strength through mind-bending puzzles and fights timed to the soundtrack.
- Companion Mode – We should never have to face our fears alone. Piper is now a controllable character for local co-op.
See anything you like? Let us know!Tags: Bedtime Digital Games, Blowfish Studios, Derpy Conga, FedeG's Games, Figment 2: Creed Valley, Geo Games Official, Giant Door, KungFu Kickball, Nameless Studio, Restless Corp, Thief's Shelter, Void's Ballad, WhaleFood Games
This post was written by Jack Longman