On March 17/18 a new update became available to download for Animal Crossing: New Horizons. The 1.9.0 update lies down the groundwork for upcoming events like Bunny Day and the Sanrio Collaboration amiibo compatibility. New items have also been added to the game that are exclusive for Nintendo Switch Online users and a number of bug fixes have been made.
You can find the full patch notes below:
Animal Crossing: New Horizons Ver. 1.9.0 Update (Released March 17, 2021)
The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.9.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.
- The Bunny Day seasonal event has been updated.
- Additional support for the Sanrio® Collaboration amiibo cards has been added.
- New miles redemption options have been added to the Nook Stop.
- Custom Design Pro Editor+
- Adds additional custom design slots and new pattern options.
- Custom Designs Portal*
- Adds access to the Custom Designs Portal from the Custom Designs app.
- The following content has also been added:
- Additional limited-time seasonal items from Nook Shopping.
- Nintendo Switch Online membership item*.
*A Nintendo Switch Online membership (paid service) is required to use the Custom Designs Portal and obtain the Nintendo Switch Online membership item.
- Fixed an issue from Ver. 1.4.0 where if a player used a wand to transform, then swapped their wand for another item while their pockets are full, the player would no longer be able to remove the transformation outfit.
- Fixed an issue from Ver. 1.7.0 involving kits where a player could dig where they normally shouldn’t be able to if they change their mind after using the “Let me imagine it…” option.
- Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the game play experience.
Source: Nintendo America SupportTags: 1.9.0 Update, animal crossing, Animal Crossing 1.9.0 Update, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch
This post was written by Mike Scorpio