The exceptional football game with cars, Rocket League, is now free to play across all platforms. That isn’t all though as the game has a Fortnite themed event this weekend titled Llama-Rama. For anyone who takes part in the event will be able to unlock multiple Llama themed rewards and even the Battle Bus itself!
There are a number of smaller updates and features that have been added to the game, you can see what is new in the official announcement below. It also includes details on the September 15th update for anyone who missed it before.
ROCKET LEAGUE® GOING FREE TO PLAY SEPTEMBER 23
SAN DIEGO – September 15, 2020 – Psyonix, the San Diego video game developer, has announced that Rocket League is going free to play on September 23!
An update will go live on all platforms tomorrow, September 16, at 9 a.m. PDT (4 p.m. UTC) to prepare Rocket League for the free to play transition. Below is a breakdown of what goes live during tomorrow’s update and what will be available when free to play launches on September 23:
- Cross-Platform Progression Linking – Existing players will be able to link their platforms to their Epic Games Account. More information can be found in the blog post HERE
- Legacy Status Items – Players that already own and have played Rocket League will receive their Legacy items
- Support-A-Creator Live – Rocket League will join the Epic Games Support-A-Creator program. Beginning tomorrow, players will be able to enter a Creator Code in the Item Shop which allows Creators to earn 5% of Credits Spent when their Creator Code is used
- Various Quality of Life Changes and Additions – More info found in today’s blog
Free to Play Launch on September 23
- Epic Games Store Debut – Rocket League will make its debut on the Epic Games Store when Rocket League goes free to play! Players can add it to their wishlist HERE. Players who download and launch the game on EGS will also receive the Sun Ray Boost and Hot Rocks Trail items!
- Revamped Tournaments and Challenges – Updates to the Tournaments and Challenges systems will be live
- Season 1 Rocket Pass – Rocket Pass returns with the beginning of Season 1! More details on Season 1 will be revealed soon
- Two New Item Packs – The Endo Starter Pack and Jäger Pack will be available for purchase. The packs will contain:
- Endo Starter Pack – Endo, Gaiden Wheels (Grey), Neo-Thermal Boost, Friction Trail, and 500 Credits
- Jäger Pack – Jäger 619 (Titanium White), Apparatus Wheels (Titanium White), Toon Goal Explosion (Titanium White), and 1000 Credits
Llama-Rama Fortnite Event
Lastly, in order to celebrate Rocket League going free to play, there will be an all new in-game event called Llama-Rama soon after the September 23 launch. More information about this event will be shared in the near future!
If you have yet to play Rocket League before, now is as good as time as any to join in on the madness that is crazy fun. If you are still on the fence about it though, feel free to read our review on the game!
Source: Psyonix PRTags: Epic Games, Fortnite, Llama Rama, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch, Psyonix, Rocket League, Rocket League Free-To-Play
This post was written by Mike Scorpio