A new developer video for Fight Crab has been published today as part of the Gamescom Now Digital event. The video is a game system overview with the game’s creator Masafumi Onuki of Calappa Games. The video is 5 minutes long and showcases the Nintendo Switch motion controls and how to play like a pro.
If you have yet to check it out, you can watch it below.
About Fight Crab:
While Fight Crab may look like pure crustacean chaos (and… it is), the rules are pretty straightforward — flip your opponent and keep them pinned. You’ve got all the classic fighting game moves you’d expect at your disposal, including blocks, grabs, throws and hyper mode-activated skills, with each Joy-Con controlling one of your claws. Weapons up the strategy even further — strike from a distance with polearms, use the chained sickle to limit enemies’ movement, or just strap a jet engine to your pincer and fly circles around them!
Fight Crab is an over-the-top, physics-based, 3D action battle game that combines giant crustaceans, wild weaponry, and intense claw-to-claw combat into one absurdly hilarious, must-play game. You are a crab – embark on a world tour of devastation, flipping over as many crabs as possible in a quest to be crowned lord of the crustaceans! Unlock new playable crabs, learn powerful skills, and amass an arsenal of deadly weapons like the whip sword, nunchaku, axe gun, chainsaw, and beam saber – everything needed to crush the living shell out of your foes!
- Campaign mode with 34 stages across 7 chapters plus 7 tutorial stages.
- Discover 23 kinds of playable crab, 48 different weapons and 11 unique battle arenas.
- A variety of matchmaking options, including 1v1, 2v2, and offline/online co-op/vs. battle modes.
- Build the ultimate crab warrior – level up your crab, recruit new ones, and equip a variety of mighty weapons.
- Joy-Con™ motion controls let you freely move limbs to punch, grab, block and flip to victory.
Fight Crab will be releasing on Nintendo Switch on September 15th, 2020. The game will be available to pre-purchase on September 3rd for $19.99.
Source: Sandbox Strategies PRTags: Calappa Games, Fight Crab, Fight Crab Gameplay, Gamescom, Gamescom 2020, Masafumi Onuki, Mastiff Games, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch
This post was written by Mike Scorpio