Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch, much like its Wii U predecessor, allows players to scan amiibo to unlock special Mii Racing Suits. There are 20 outfits in total to unlock that range from Super Mario to The Legend of Zelda, and Pac-Man to Mega Man. It may not seem to clear on how to unlock these Mii Racing Suits in-game so we have put together this helpful guide to take you through each step.
Where Do I scan my amiibo to unlock the Mii Racing Suits?
On the main screen (not the title screen) where it lists Single Player, Multiplayer, Online Play, and Wireless Play, go to the very bottom of the screen to where it says amiibo with a Mario amiibo figure next to it. Click on this icon and you will be taken to another screen that displays all the Mii Racing Suits.
How to Scan amiibo
From this screen, take any amiibo that you have that matches one shown on the screen (i.e Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, etc and scan the amiibo on the NFC touchpoint. If done properly, a new screen will appear along with a prompt to say that the Mii Racing Suit has been unlocked.
How To Put on the Mii Racing Suit
Choose a game mode to play and you will be taken to the Character Select screen. Choose the Mii icon in the bottom right corner and select your preferred Mii. You can then select any Mii Racing Suits that you have unlocked by using amiibo for your Mii Racer.
Which amiibo figures/cards are Compatible with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?
The following Mii Racing Suits can be unlocked with their respective amiibo figures and cards in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe:
- Mario Suit – Mario amiibo (Smash / Super Mario / All Stars)
- Luigi Suit – Luigi amiibo (Smash / Super Mario / All Stars)
- Peach Suit – Princess Peach amiibo (Smash / Super Mario / All Stars)
- Yoshi Suit – Yoshi amiibo (Smash / Super Mario / All Stars)
- Donkey Kong Suit – Donkey Kong amiibo (Smash / Super Mario / All Stars / Skylanders)
- Hylian Suit – Link amiibo (Smash / Legend of Zelda)
- Captain Falcon Suit – Captain Falcon amiibo (Smash)
- Kirby Suit – Kirby amiibo (Smash / Kirby)
- Varia Suit – Samus amiibo (Smash / Kirby)
- Fox Suit – Fox amiibo (Smash)
- Toad Suit – Toad amiibo (Super Mario)
- Bowser Suit – Bowser amiibo (Smash / Super Mario / All Stars / Skylanders)
- Wario Suit – Wario amiibo (Smash / Super Mario)
- Rosalina Suit – Rosalina amiibo (Smash / Super Mario)
- Pikmin Suit – Captain Olimar amiibo (Smash / Pikmin)
- Animal Crossing Suit – any Animal Crossing Series amiibo (figures & cards)
- Mega Man Suit – Mega Man amiibo (Smash / Mega Man)
- Pac-ManSuit – Pac-Man amiibo (Smash)
- Sonic Suit – Sonic amiibo (Smash)
- Inkling Suit – any Splatoon Series amiibo
Thank you for reading this guide on how to get the Mii Racing Suits in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. We hope you find this guide useful and if you have any issues or have found any discrepancies in this guide, please let us know in the comments below.
If you would like to know how to get all the gold unlockables in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, be sure to check out our guide here.
You can learn more about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe via the official Nintendo website.