The Nintendo Switch has received a new update today, bringing it up to version 10.0.0. The update adds six Animal Crossing: New Horizon Profile images, the ability to map your own button layouts on your preferred controllers (Joy-Con, Pro Controller, etc), a bookmark function to bookmark news articles to read later, and a new Data transfer option to move software data from the console over to Micro SD card and vice versa (Note: Not all software data, save data or DLC can be transferred).
You can find the full patch notes for the Nintendo Switch 10.0.0 update below as well as some screenshots of some of the new features.
Ver. 10.0.0 (Released April 13, 2020)
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite news items.
- A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
- An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
- News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.
Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.
- Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
- Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.
Added an option to remap the controller buttons.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This feature is not available for other controllers.
- On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.
- The options for “Display play activity to:” and “Delete Play Activity” have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.
Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.
- Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
Source: Nintendo Switch News & Nintendo America SupportTags: Gaming, Nintedo, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch 10.0.0 Update, Nintendo Switch Update, video games
This post was written by Mike Scorpio