The Game Bakers have announced that their game Furi has received a new update that bring some brand new features to the game. These features include an invincible mode, speedrunning mode a new control scheme. The update is completely free and out right now. For those that have yet to pick up Furi can now do so for 55% off on Nintendo Switch.
We have the full details below in the official announcement.
Furi Freedom Update is available on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and GOG.COM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – April 4th 2019 – French indie game studio The Game Bakers is releasing a free update to their hit action game Furi available now on all platforms: PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and GOG.com.
“We’ve been listening to Furi’s community about the features and improvements that they were hoping for and we have been releasing some of those over the months in our Steam version. With the Freedom Update we’re happy to be able to share them with players regardless of the platform they play on.” said Audrey Leprince, the studio co-founder.
The update includes – when not already available on the platform:
- The Invincible mode: A set of commands to become invincible, skip a fight, skip or lock a certain phase in a fight, or weaken a boss. It enables anyone to enjoy the audiovisual and narrative experience that is Furi. But also proves handy for the most hardcore players who want to practice their fight, in particular speedrunners looking to improve their record.
- Speedrun in Furier: You can now speedrun the game in Furier (hard) difficulty after you finish a speedrun in Furi difficulty. In Furier difficulty, the boss patterns are redesigned, so it’s a real new challenge. The world record to beat the game in Furier is just under 45 minutes!
- Bernard: A bossfight that was originally made available as surprise content in the DLC One More Fight. It was included in the Switch version and is now accessible for free also on Xbox One. Bernard is inspired from the best attacks and patterns of all the bosses and uses the character and arena we used for prototyping. Bernard might not look good but he certainly will give you a tough fight!
- Control Scheme D: Alternate control scheme that helps dodging or parrying while shooting / slashing, and was designed based on discussion with the game community.
- Plus some minor fixes. All this content is already available on Steam.
The name of the update was chosen by Furi’s community on The Game Bakers’ Discord server.
The update is free and it’s also a great time to get started on the game that is heavily discounted up to 70% off (55% off on Switch, 70% off on Xbox One with Xbox Live Gold, 65% off on GOG.com, 65% off on Steam starting 10AM PT).
Source: The Game Bakers PR
This post was written by Mike Scorpio