Former Ubisoft – RedLynx Studio veterans, Second Order have announced that they will be bringing their physics-based puzzle adventure game to the Nintendo Switch. Claybook allows you to create and moldable landscapes that you can share with your friends and challenges to get the old grey matter functioning. Claybook will be releasing on Switch sometime in March for $14.99.
We have a trailer and official press release for Claybook below.
Coming Soon to Switch — Claybook — the Whimsical Physics-Based Clay Puzzle Game
Solve Puzzles, Shape Plasticine Playgrounds, and Go Beyond the Limits of Creativity in a Puzzle World Made Entirely of Clay
HELSINKI, FINLAND (FEBRUARY 6, 2019) – Independent game studio Second Order — founded by former Ubisoft – RedLynx Studio veterans — today announced that their colorful clay physics-based puzzle adventure Claybook is coming this March to Nintendo Switch! Utilizing custom “Clayfield” technology that creates true-to-life volumetric clay visuals and physics, Claybook challenges players’ to solve brain-bending puzzles, create and share moldable landscapes, and uncover the squishy possibilities of this limitless clayground.
“We’re thrilled to bring Claybook to Nintendo’s Switch platform, and give creative minds the world over a new venue for expressing themselves,” said Sami Saarinen, CEO, and Co-Founder of Second Order. “Whether players prefer to create extraordinary levels with our extensive library of tools, or simply explore the depths of their problem-solving abilities on their journey through each chapter, we are confident that there will be something for everyone to enjoy.”
Enter a universe of wonder and explore the Claybook — a stage for all manner of clay creations. From the perspective of an imaginative child sitting in their room, bring your creativity to life by shaping and molding everything around you. Imaginative puzzles await in a fully dynamic and transformable environment organized into a series of magical chapters — each more challenging than the last, and suitable for players of any skill level.
Get your virtual hands dirty in Claybook as you balance over tricky obstacles and pathways, take control of the objects around you, carve out paths, or add more clay to strategically shape your surroundings, all in the fancifully themed settings that change with every action you make. Craft new and ingenious ways to solve each chapter faster and more efficiently than before to improve your star ranking at the end of the level.
- It’s all Made of Clay: Every object in on the Claybook playing field looks, feels, acts, reacts, and changes exactly like clay — from structures to gooey clay blobs, to the ground itself
- Stuck? Rewind and Try Again: With the rewind function, getting stuck doesn’t mean the end of the road: instead, a host of solutions open up to players as they find new and innovative ways to complete their objectives
- Share Your Imagination With The World: Let your creativity flow in Sandbox Mode as you utilize the fully customizable in-game assets and physics effects. Take snapshots and share your levels with the player community across multiple platforms
- It’s More Fun With Friends: Co-operate or go head-to-head with up to three additional friends locally in split-screen mode for new ways to solve the most challenging of puzzles
- Aim for the Top: Test your puzzle-solving skills against the community as you strive for the top of the leaderboards, for each chapter and each book, making multiple playthroughs a must
Claybook will be available for Nintendo Switch this March. The game is currently available for Windows PC through Steam, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One for $14.99 and features full cross-platform access to community-generated chapters.
Source: UberStrategist PR
Tags: Claybook, Gaming, indie, Nintendo, Nintendo Switch, Second Order, videogames
This post was written by Mike Scorpio