While not everyone was particularly excited about the reveal of a Switch port for the Wii U’s New Super Mario Bros. U, due to it being “another port,” the fact of the matter is, Toadette and the Super Crown are not the only changes players can expect and it’s time to talk about the rest, which have all been taken from the Mario Wiki page for the game:
- With New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, players no longer have to settle for just playing as Mario during single player, as any character, such as Nabbit, can be played. Mario can also be played in the New Super Luigi U
- Toadette replaces Blue Toad as a playable character.
- New power-up item The Super Crown has been added. This item can only be used by Toadette, which turns her into Peachette. Peachette can float, perform infinite double jumps similar to the P-Acorn and can double jumps her way out of pits to avoid losing a life.
- With New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, the New Super Luigi U levels now start off with 200 seconds on the clock instead of 100.
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, features new voice clips for Nabbit that are similar to the voice clips for the Toad characters.
- Although Nabbit can’t ride Yoshis, he can bounce off them.
- The game’s menu features a Hint
- The character selection icons for New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, features updated artwork. Also, Toadette and Nabbit are labelled as “easy” and “super easy”
- Buttons on different controllers can be remapped on the pause map.
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe’s title screen uses the “same ground” as the one seen in the New Super Luigi U title screen and has Nabbit included.
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe launches worldwide on January 11, 2019, will you be picking it up? Let us know!
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, news, Nintendo Switch, Super Mario Bros
This post was written by Jack Longman