So, the listing of YouTube coming to the Nintendo Switch was true and you’re in a hurry to download it, only it’s not immediately viewable in the eShop? Don’t worry, with this guide, not only will we tell you how to download it, but we’ll even tell you how to sign in to your account associated with YouTube! So, please standby, because here are the 12 easy steps you will need to follow:
How to Download and Sign in to your YouTube Account on your Nintendo Switch:
- Step 1 – Own a Nintendo Switch and have a Nintendo Account.
- If you do not have a Nintendo Account, click here to create one.
- Step 2 – Head to the eShop on your Switch.
- Step 3 – You will not see the YouTube app in the Recent Releases section, so be sure to click on Search.
- Step 4 – In search, enter the keyword “YouTube” and press search.
- Step 5 – YouTube will be the only item that appears, click on it and click on the download tab.
- Step 6 – Quit the eShop and wait for it to download.
- Step 7 – Once downloaded, click on the YouTube icon and select the user account you wish to use.
- Step 8 – Once YouTube has booted up, there is a tool of icons on the left-hand side of the screen. Click on the symbol of a person.
- In the event you have already synced an account, you can actually add another account, should you wish to do so.
- Step 9 – You will then be shown a code and instructed to visit youtube.com/activate on your computer, or your mobile device.
- Step 10 – When the web page loads up, enter the 8 digit code. (Be sure to use the space between the two sets of 4 letters/numbers.)
- Step 11 – Provided you have entered the code correctly, in the event you have multiple accounts, you will be asked to select the account you wish to sync.
- Step 12 – Once you have picked the account you wish to sync with, be sure to Allow
Congratulations, you have now synced your YouTube account and are free to view whatever you want. You are also free to sync to another account if you wish to do so.
We hope you found this guide helpful!Tags: eShop, Feature, Guide, Nintendo Switch, youtube
This post was written by Solid Jack