Fortnite has been a surprising blessing in disguise for the Nintendo Switch. Millions of people couldn’t wait to download it to the console and they have been enjoying it since. Epic Games have announced that their Fortnite v5.0 is going live today and will bringing more bug fixes and some new additions like weapons, carts and a whole new season. The Nintendo Switch version will also be recieving gyro/motion controls so for those that like the extra precision of motion controls.
- When the “Invited to Party” prompt appears in the UI you can now immediately accept the invite rather than having to open the Party Finder.
- The News widget has been adjusted to avoid the need for a scrollbar in most cases.
- A scroll option has been added for controller users in the event that scrolling is needed.
- Updated consoles to use less shader storage. This improves patch sizes and reduces load times.
- Optimized file ordering to reduce load times on all platforms.
- The “Epic Friends” button now appears on the Main Menu when using a gamepad on Windows or Mac.
- Fixed an issue that intermittently caused the Push-To-Talk setting to not function as intended.
- Blocked players will no longer show as suggested friends.
If you would like to see the full list of additions, you can check them out at the Epic Games Website.
Source: Epic Games & Japanese Nintendo