Earlier today, Nintendo revealed a new update is coming to Fire Emblem Heroes and while the notification in which this news comes from, simply listed what is coming, there is a detailed explanation for all the changes available and we’ve got it all, right here:
What to Expect from Version 2.5.0:
Updates to the Arena:
The following changes are being made to encourage even more players to test their teams in the Arena:
- The chain bonus will have a max of five consecutive victories instead of a max of seven.
- You can earn rewards for consecutive victories called Chain Rewards. These rewards, which include Orbs, can be earned once per season.
With the addition of Chain Rewards, Offense Rewards will no longer be given out, but the number of rewards you can receive will increase overall.
Bonus allies will now receive stat boosts like they do in Tempest Trials. Any bonus allies will gain HP+10 and Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4.
- This stat boost does not have an effect on the evaluation of your team’s strength, so it will have no effect on which opponents you are matched with or the score you earn from battling those opponents.
- Stat boosts will not be applied to any bonus allies used by your opponent.
To implement these improvements, the Arena and Arena Assault will be unavailable starting on 8/5/2018 at 9:00 a.m. until 9/5/2018 at 8:59 a.m. Please note that this also means a daily quests and Arena Assault quests cannot be cleared during this time. The Arena and Arena Assault will open on 9/5/2018 at 9:00 a.m. Afterward, seasons will run for the usual period, starting on Tuesday at 9:00 a.m. and ending on Tuesday at 12:59 a.m.
Weapon Skills and the Weapon Refinery:
The following new unit-specific weapon skills can be learned by the Heroes listed below at 5★ by spending SP:
- Rhomphaia – Hero who can learn this skill: Clair: Highborn Flier
- Camilla’s Axe– Hero who can learn this skill: Camilla: Bewitching Beauty
- Rhomphaia and Camilla’s Axe can both be upgraded in the Weapon Refinery after they’ve been obtained.
- To learn weapon skills, tap Learn Skills in the Allies menu.
The following weapon skills can now be strengthened with Arena Medals and Divine Dew for added effects. Note: To access the Weapon Refinery, you must clear Book I, Chapter 13 in the main story and then clear the second Intermission map, The Rite of Blades.
- Yato – Hero who can learn this skill: Corrin: Fateful Prince
Improvements to Tap Battle:
Tap Battle will receive the following improvements:
- Extra Stages will appear starting from the fourth day of the event.
- If you clear a stage, your Heroes can gain Hero Merit based on the results.
- Preview notifications for the next stage will now appear.
Improvements to Rival Domains:
Rival Domains will receive the following improvements:
- Enemies will no longer attack immediately after warping.
- Up until now, enemies were randomized, but now the same enemies will appear each time.
- Enemy brigades will now include 40 characters instead of 20. This means the same character will general appear fewer times per battle.
Tutorial and Playability Improvements:
Improvements are being made to help new players ease into Fire Emblem Heroes after just starting out. We’re also giving out a Thanks for Playing Gift to players who started playing from version 2.4.0 and earlier, allowing you to improve your Heroes in the same way as in the new tutorial.
The Thanks for Playing Gift includes the following:
- 4★ Hero Takumi: Wild Card
- A set of materials allowing you to unlock the potential of initial allies to 4★:
- 13,200 Hero Feathers
- 60 Scarlet Badges
- 30 Azure Badges
- 30 Verdant Badges
- 60 Transparent Badges
- 20,432 Scarlet Shards
- 10,216 Azure Shards
- 10,216 Verdant Shards
- 20,432 Transparent Shards
This gift will be distributed starting on 9/5/2018 at 9:00 a.m.
Changes for Current Players:
The following game rules are changing to allow for smoother game progress
- If a Hero is defeated during battle, they will no longer lose any of the EXP or SP earned in that battle.
- The amout of EXP and SP you can earn from clearing previously cleared maps will no longer be reduced by half.
A new feature will be added that lets you change how movement and action animations are shown during battle for any AI-controlled characters.
This new option under Settings is called Foe/Ally Auto- Battle Movement. When set to Guided, the movements and actions of characters during battle will be shown in greater detail.
- Starting with version 2.5.0, this setting will be on Guided by default. You can select the Simple option if you wish to decrease the amount of time taken by enemy movement and actions.
- The settings for Foe/Ally Auto-Battle Movement will not be reflected if Auto: No Animation is set to On.
Changes for New Players:
- The rarity of the following allies you obtain at the beginning will be upgraded to 4★: Anna: Commander, Alfonse: Prince of Askr, Sharena: Princess of Askr, Raigh: Dark Child, Matthew: Faithful Spy, and Virion: Elite Archer.
- The first Hero you obtain will now be Takumi: Wild Card instead of Virion: Elite Archer. (Virion: Elite Archer will now become your ally at the same time as Raigh: Dark Child and Matthew: Faithful Spy)
- Additional explanations about game controls will be added to the tutorial to guide new players.
- All strata of the Training Tower will now unlock after clearing Prologue: Part 3.
- The Auto-Battle button will automatically be available on the battle screen.
- Other adjustments, including adjustments to enemy strength, will be implemented.
- Movies will no longer trigger when summoning certain Heroes. (The summoning movies can still be found in Movies under FAQ/Etc. in the Misc. menu if you summon one of those Heroes.)
- Additional options will be available in the Sacred Seal Forge.
- A new setting option to stop the music from changing during an enemys turn will be added.
- Mini units in Catalog of Heroes will appear with updated weapons.
- Support for Android 8.0’s adaptive icons will be added.
With maintenance taking place one week from today (May 9,) the update can be expected to go live once the maintenance is over. Should anything else be revealed for it, we’ll be sure to let you know.
Source: Fire Emblem Heroes (Mobile Application)