Whether you’re here for news, or a touch of rumour, we’ve got a bit of both!
A job listing has appeared from The Pokémon Company, with the job being based at the London office, and the listing focused on the requirement of a Localisation Editor with a superior knowledge of the Spanish language. Now, if you were to believe the rumours circling around this listing, they would have you believe this job is for the localisation of the Switch game, and in reality, they could very well be, but they could also be easily wrong, so instead of speculation, here’s what we do know about the listing that is factual:
Localisation Editor (6 month minimum contract) – Spanish:
Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Code: 522
We will be looking for a Localisation Editor in the coming months for Spanish. The Localisation Editor (6 -month fixed term contract minimum) is a member of the editing team and works closely with the other localisation editors, translators and project coordinators on all editorial facets of video games, and related materials (video game strategy guide, video game web site etc.) in Spanish. This will include a high level of knowledge regarding native slang, phraseologies, and nuances in Spanish.
- Editing, including content and copyediting of rules text and other game-related text.
- Editing (for grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and language-specific slang) in Spanish from translated documents
- Daily interaction with translators
- Review of and possible editing of game-related rules text in Spanish
- Proof and revise, as necessary, game-related text in both electronic and hard copy formats in Spanish
- Regular reporting of progress to in-house management
Where ever all this goes from here, we’ll be sure to keep you updated.
news, Pokemon, The Pokemon Company, United Kingdom
This post was written by Solid Jack