Hello again Campers, I hope you’re not sleeping in because a brand new event has just kicked off in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp and it’s none other than Lottie’s Gothic Rose Festival!
If you find yourself in need of some tips on how to play it, than worry not for we are back with another Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp guide and this time it is all about the latest event to grip the mobile app.
What is Lottie’s Gothic Rose Festival?
Much like Rover’s Garden Safari, Lottie’s Gothic Rose Festival is an event that which makes use of the garden area and plays out in a similar fashion. Lottie has come to your camp in search of cool bats, which can appear should you plant special gothic roses that you must then catch.
What’s in it for Us?
In exchange for planting the gothic bats and capturing the bats that will appear around them, provided you get enough of each type, you can earn yourself some “rockin’ rewards” that will be added straight into players inventory.
When is the Event Happening?
The event schedule for Lottie’s Gothic Rose Festival is as follows:
- Lottie’s Gothic Rose Festival is live now, having started on the 31st of January, 2018 at 22:00 PT/1st of February, 2018 at 07:00 CET and ends at 21:59 PT/06:59 CET on the 9th/10th of February.
- Like with Garden Safari, Lottie’s Gothic Rose Festival event is also divided into two parts with the second part beginning on the 5th/6th at 22:00 PT/07:00 CET.
*Tasks for the first part of the event can still be completed during the second part of the event.
And now that the whole “What is it?” out of the way, it’s time to talk about How to Play:
Step 1: Seeds
The bats Lottie is desperately requiring, are attracted by very specific kind of plants and there are a few ways you can get them. While you can only buy the Purple Rose seeds from Lloid, both the Purple and Red Roses seeds can sometimes be earned when you fulfil quests for animals.
Step 2: Plants
Once you have the Purple and Red Roses seeds, it is imperative for you to plant and grow them, because when these seasonal plants grow, they will attract certain rare creatures. In the case of the Gothic Purple Roses, a Gothic bat will be drawn, whereas Golden Gothic bats are only drawn to Gothic Red Roses.
Step 3: Catching your Prey
Once your flowers have done their job and attracted something, it is time for you to do yours and catch them. To catch the bats, you must first click on a bat hovering over a plant, press capture or capture all and then your avatar will try to catch the bug and I say try because you can fail. The more you catch, the better the rewards you can get, but because you can fail, you can always give it a miss yourself and let Lloid do it for you, but you will have to pay for the privilege with Leaf Tickets. The choice is yours, but when you fail, unless a friend gives you bats
Step 4: Share the Love
It’s all well and good you catching the bats yourself and getting some great rewards, but if you have a friend who is struggling, you can actually go to their garden and give share bats with them, so that they can try catching them, get rewards for it and then pass them on to another friend. It is a bit time consuming we’ll admit, but it’s a nice thing you can do and it does stop you from having to grow more plants, all because you failed to catch a bat and now need to grow a new one to attract another bat. Also by sharing, Lottie will on occasion, give you more seeds to grow more of your own seasonal plants.
And now, to round this whole thing out, here are some helpful tips, just to help you out even further:
Pro Tips: (Before and After the Event)
- Rare Creatures available during the entire February Rose Festival event include:
- Gothic Bat (Available from 31st of January/1st of February at 22:00 PT/07:00 CET)
- Golden Gothic Bat (Available from 31st of January/1st of February at 22:00 PT/07:00 CET)
- Ruby Gothic Bat (Available from 5th of February/2nd of February at 22:00 PT/07:00 CET)
- Diamond Gothic Bat (Available from 5th of February/2nd of February at 22:00 PT/07:00 CET)
- Seasonal Plants available during the entire February Rose Festival event include:
- Gothic Red Roses (Available from 31st of January/1st of February at 22:00 PT/07:00 CET)
- Gothic Purple Roses (Available from 31st of January/1st of February at 22:00 PT/07:00 CET)
- Gothic Fashion Roses (Available from 5th of February/2nd of February at 22:00 PT/07:00 CET)
- When the event is over, all plants and bats in your inventory will be converted into Bells and bats will no longer appear in your garden.
- Seasonal plants you harvest can only be exchanged for items from Lloid, whilst the event is ongoing.
- None of the seasonal plants can be cross-pollinated.
- Seasonal plants can be planted when the event is over, as long as you have the seeds for them.
- Lloid will not sell you Seasonal Seeds when the event is over and completing Animal Requests will not let you earn them either.
As always, we hope you found our little guide helpful.
This post was written by Solid Jack