Despite the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has yet to release worldwide as that’s not on the cards for another 2 days, the first update for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is now live for those who are media and will be posting a review of it today, or just those in Saudi Arabia, who got it when the street date broke.
As expected, the update adds support for the Expansion Pass DLC, an Event Theatre mode to watch events you’ve previously viewed and even bug fixes. Now at this time there have yet to be any English patch notes posted, just Japanese but the update does not add video capture, and nor does the original version of the game have it either. Here is a translation of what the update entails:
- Event Theatre has been added. With it players will be able to watch any cut-scene of an event they have previously witnessed, which includes Summoning Rare Blades.
- Support for Expansion Pass has been added, and can be accessed via the Main Menu to receive items.
- Adjusted game balance.
- Various bug and gameplay fixes.
For anyone who does pick up the Expansion Pass on Day 1, the update will require 600MB and has the following items available upon purchase:
- 3 Cream Orange Paratas (Pouch items that can be used in battle)
- 10 Silver Cylinders for Salvaging
- 5 common core crystals
This post was written by Solid Jack