Welcome to Nifty Nindies, our bitesize feature for Miketendo64 where we catch up with an indie developer/publisher/publicist to briefly go over an upcoming Nindie title that Switch owners can look forwards to.
In continuation of the series, here’s Neckbolt’s responses to our 5 Nifty Nindies questions for the very soon to release Yono and the Celestial Elephants:
- What is it? Yono and the Celestial Elephants.
- Who is behind it? It’s developed by Nexkbolt and published by Plug In Digital.
- What is it about? “Ready your trunk, it’s time for an adventure! Elephants are a mighty protectors of the world, born from the stars once per millennium. This is the age of Elephant Yono. But Yono is still so very young and in a kingdom inhabited by feudal Humans, undead Bonewights and robotic Mekani, it’s not easy to keep one’s trunk out of trouble. Yono and the Celestial Elephant is a grand adventure, featuring carefully designed puzzles, treasure hunts, a sprinkling combat and a world full of people. Play as a young elephant tasked to save a world he’s never seen before, and explore the rich history of a kingdom where humans, zombies and robots live side by side.
- Use your elephant trunk to solve puzzles and find secrets. Load it up with air, water and other things for different effects.
- Visit 4 towns full of people, shops and side-quests.
- Solve 3 deep dungeons of puzzles, monsters and finally a scary boss.
- Explore forests and caves to find treasures and upgrades.
- Discuss ascetic virtue ethics with the undead, existentialism and freedom of will with the robots, and political philosophy and the roots of power and authority with the humans.
- Piece together ancient texts to uncover the history of the world, the development of humankind and the influence of past Elephants.
- Play the game in the original English, or try it out in Swedish, French, German or Spanish.
- When can we hope to see it in the eShop? 12th of October, 2017 for Nintendo Switch and Steam.
- How much will it cost? (*Neckbolt was unable to comment on price at the time of asking.)
For more on Yono and the Celestial Elephants, we highly recommended checking out the one of the game’s trailer, which you can see for yourself right here:
And for more Nifty Nindies, why not click on the link below to check out our previous instalments:
Tags: Feature, Nexkbolt, Nifty Nindies, Nintendo Switch, October Feature, Plug In Digital, Yono and the Celestial Elephants
This post was written by Jack Longman