Welcome to Nifty Nindies, our bitesize feature for Miketendo64 where we catch up with an indie developer/publisher/publicist to briefly go over an upcoming Nindie title that Switch owners can look forwards to.
In continuation of the series, here’s Headup Games’s responses to our 5 Nifty Nindies questions for the very soon to release Earth Atlantis:
- What is it? Earth Atlantis.
- Who is behind it? It’s developed by Pixel Perfex and published by Headup Games
- What is it about? “The Great Climate Shift” struck at end of the 21st century. Ninety-six percent of the earth’s surface is underwater. Human civilization has fallen. Machines have adopted the shape and form of marine animals. The ocean is full of creature-machine hybrid monsters. You are a “Hunter” and the new journey begins… Earth Atlantis is a side-scrolling shooter with an original “Monster-Hunting” gameplay. Search and hunt down dreadful sea monsters and explore the post-apocalyptic underwater world. Unlock multiple ships with special weapons and abilities for your journey and become a legendary hunter! The game is presented in a very unique and artistic “Old Sketching” visual style, which expresses the essence of the 14th century’s ocean exploration when the sea was considered a dangerous place full of monsters.
- Original side-scrolling shooter with monster-hunting objective.
- Unique “Old Sketching” visual style.
- Two game modes (Quest mode, Hunter mode).
- 4 Playable ships with unique weapons.
- 25 large monsters and 4 enemy ships to hunt with 9 special events to complete.
- When can we hope to see it in the eShop? 12th of October, 2017
- How much will it cost? £13.49 GBP/€14.99 EUR/$14.99 USD (*Prices for other Countries & Regions will vary.)
For more on Earth Atlantis, we highly recommended checking out the one of the game’s trailer, which you can see for yourself right here:
And for more Nifty Nindies, why not click on the link below to check out our previous instalments: