Coming straight from a new Merge Games press release, Unbox: Newbie’s Adventure launches digitally next month, with a physical release in November with the full details viewable right here:
90s-inspired, physics-platformer, Unbox: Newbie’s Adventure, preparing for an October release on Nintendo Switch:
Thursday, 28th 2017, Manchester, UK. – Merge Games Ltd., a privately-owned video game publisher and distributor, and Prospect Games are delighted to announce the imminent release of 90s-inspired, physics-platform game, Unbox: Newbie’s Adventure. The game is set for release digitally on the Nintendo eShop on October 11th 2017 ($29.99, €29.99 and £24.99) and then into retail with a physical boxed version on November 16th 2017.
Unbox is 3D platformer where the player is a cardboard box who must bounce and roll, through mountains and islands alike, to deliver themselves for the greater good of the Global Postal Service, or GPS. This can include racing against a clock, solving puzzles, and a lot of fun with physics, which often involves causing mayhem by knocking things over or blowing them up. The game also has a strong local multiplayer element, for full split-screen enjoyment, including a variety of different challenges.
To save themselves from bankruptcy, the GPS have somehow created living boxes that can deliver themselves to customers all over the world, to save on human staff. In Unbox, you will play as their latest creation, Newbie, and it is your job to complete the test islands, proving your worth as a sentient, self-delivering package.
- Retro without the rose-tinted glasses – The game stands as a love letter to 90s platformers, whilst using power of UE4 to create the best possible challenges.
- New mechanics – The boxes have a unique power; they can “Unbox” to jump in mid-air, each time shedding a cardboard layer and shrinking in size. No platform is out of reach!
- Unique story – The tale of a struggling postal service testing its sentient boxes’ delivering power, whilst also trying to defeat the devious Boss Wild and the Wild Cards, has a cute and individual cast of characters for players to meet.
- Local multiplayer – The game’s retro-inspired local multiplayer means that it provides split screen enjoyment and evokes a true retro feel.
- Customisation – Dress to impress with a variety of boxes, hats, clothing and accessories, with anything from sunglasses to a fez hat.
Unbox: Newbie’s Adventure is set for release digitally on the Nintendo eShop on October 11th 2017 ($29.99, €29.99 and £24.99) and then into retail with a physical boxed version on November 16th 2017.
Source: Merge Games PR
This post was written by Solid Jack