Welcome to Nifty Nindies, our bitesize feature for Miketendo64 where we catch up with an indie developer/publisher/publicist to briefly go over an upcoming Nindie title that Switch owners can look forwards to.
To continue the series, here’s Rising Star Games’ responses to our 5 Nifty Nindies questions:
- What is it? 88 Heroes: 98 Heroes Edition.
- Who is behind it? It’s developed by Bitmap Bureau and published by Rising Star Games
- What is it about? It’s 8:08am on 8th August 1988, and the evil Dr. H8 has brought the world to the brink of total annihilation! His demands are simple: pay $88 octillion within 88 minutes, or Dr. H8’s 88 thermo-nuclear warheads will wipe out the Earth! But who will save us in our time of need? The bravest? The boldest? No… the 88 Heroes! Prepare to infiltrate Dr. H8’s lair with the help of the strangest, dumbest and most pointless superheroes ever! With 88 levels between you and Dr. H8, only 88 seconds to complete each level and the 88-minute Doomsday clock already ticking, lead a unique band of heroes – each with their own special abilities – on a platform-hopping, enemy-smashing, danger-dodging mission to save Earth from complete destruction. And with ten extra heroes and a new mode featuring eight of the toughest challenges yet, 88 Heroes – 98 Heroes Edition for Nintendo Switch™ has everything you need to defeat evil once and for all!
- When can we hope to see it in the eShop? Europe – physical release 6th October, digital release 5th October USA – physical release 10th October, digital release 12th
- How much will it cost? £29.99 GBP/€29.99 EUR/$29.95 USD (*Prices for other Countries & Regions will vary.)
For more information regarding 88 Heroes: 98 Heroes Edition, we highly recommended checking out the game’s trailer, which you can see for yourself right here:
And for more Nifty Nindies, why not click on the link below to check out our previous instalments: