Calling all Pokémon fans everywhere, the motherlode of Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon news has dropped and we’ve got it all right here, in both video and written form, so let’s Dig in!
First up, for those of you planning on returning to the Alola region, there are now more than 400 Pokémon to be caught and added to your Pokédex as Pokémon that weren’t previously discoverable the first time round are now making an appearance now. 2 such Pokémon are Houndoom, who is an exclusive to Ultra Sun and Manetic which is an Ultra Moon exclusive. Other new Pokémon revealed can be seen with the image below:
There is also a new Ride Pokémon by the name of Mantine Surf and more details on the new Alola Photo Club and we’ve got all the details on both right here:
Ride the Waves with Mantine Surf!:
In Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon, you’ll be able to have fun with Mantine Surf, a sport that lets you do some surfing while riding on Mantine’s back. Mantine Surf isn’t just a way to get between islands—it’s also a sport where you compete for the highest score by pulling off different cool moves! Try to become a top-notch Mantine Surfer by riding Mantine like a pro!
Take Great Photos with the Alola Photo Club:
- Take all sorts of photos with the Pokémon you like at the brand-new Alola Photo Club! You choose the Pokémon to appear together with you in the photo, as well as your outfit, the background, camera angle, and more, so you can take the perfect picture. Get an amazing photo with your favorite Pokémon—and show it off to your friends!
- After the shoot, you’ll be able to decorate your photo with frames and stickers. You’ll also be able to show other players the photos you took through communication features.
- Taking a photo with a Pokémon also makes that Pokémon more affectionate toward you. As their affection toward you increases, your Pokémon will try to do even better than usual during battles. Strengthen your bonds with your Pokémon!
But even then that’s not all the news that has been shared, as there are one final snippets for you to get a mouthful of and the first is the fact the Island Challenges are back with Mina now having a Trial of her own, and those details can be seen right here:
Island Challenges Revisited:
- The island challenge is a ritual passed down in the Alola region. Its intention is to help children grow into full-fledged Pokémon Trainers. To complete the island challenge, you must face trials on each of four islands.
- Some trials in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon seem to play out in different ways than they did in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.
- The trials are hosted by the captains found on each Island.
- The content of the trials can vary from running around the area to trying to solve puzzles.
- At the end of each trial, you’ll face a powerful Pokémon known as a totem. If you defeat it, you’ll complete the trial.
- The final trial of each island is the grand trial, where you face off in battle against the leader of that island—the island kahuna!
- There’s even a new trial with Mina, one of the captains who serve as guides for these trials.
We hope you enjoyed today’s news as much as we did and join us again for the next news drop!
This post was written by Solid Jack