You wouldn’t believe it, but our second Magikarp Jump guide was even more popular than our first guide, so with the release of a brand new update for the delightful app, it’s only naturally we’d provide yet another guide!
So just what does Version 1.3.0 of Pokémon: Magikarp Jump have to offer this time around? Well, in all honesty, it pretty much offers the same stuff as the last two times in the sense of new events, new Leagues, new Magikarp patterns and etc. but there’s even more of it this time around, so here’s us taking it upon ourselves to provide an absolute all-in-one-place guide of everything the new update has to offer, minus photos!
New Support Pokémon (Friendship Items):
- 2 New Support Pokémon/Items have been added (Mimikyu & Gardevoir.)
- Spell Tag costs 400 Diamonds to purchase and allows you to enlist the help of Mimikyu.
- Mimiku’s skill gives a little JP and has a Recovery Rate of 1 hour and 21 minutes.
- Spell Tag can be upgraded 4 times (5 Stars in all.)
- Choice Scarf costs 600 Diamonds to purchase and allows you to enlist the help of Gardevoir.
- Gardevoir’s skill gives you a ton of coins and has a Recovery Rate of 5 hours and 24 minutes.
- Choice Scarf can be upgraded 4 times (5 Stars in all.)
- Following the release of Version 1.3.0 there are now a total of 16 Support Pokémon available.
- 5 New Decorations has been added. (New Decorations are as follows:)
- Cacnea Planter.
- Ditto Cushion.
- Dugtrio Rock.
- Red Cap.
- Gold Magikarp Statue.
- Cacnea Planter requires 400 Diamonds to purchase and has a Skill Recovery rate of +10%.
- Before Ditto Cushion can even be purchased, it needs to be unlocked by fishing up a Ditto in the form of a Magikarp.
- Once Ditto Cushion is unlocked, it requires 550 Diamonds to purchase it and increases coins received by +10%.
- Dugtrio Rock requires 350 Diamonds to purchase and has increases Level Up Coins (coins you earn from the Gold Poké Balls that appear every 5 levels) by +32%
- Red Cap is earned by beating the Elite Four League and increases JP earned from Training by +20%.
- Gold Magikarp Statue is earned by beating the Master League and increases coins earned from Leagues by +12%.
New Food Options:
- 2 New Food options have been added to the shop.
- First new Food option is Old Gateau and requires the player to have a Trainer Rank of 77 or higher to purchase it.
- Second new Food option is Big Malasada and requires the player to have a Trainer Rank of 81 or higher to purchase it.
New Training Options:
- 2 New Training options have been added to the shop.
- First new Training option is Steelix Push Gateau and requires the player to have a Trainer Rank of 80 or higher to purchase it.
- Second new Training option is Tackle Machine and requires the player to have a Trainer Rank of 84 or higher to purchase it.
New Events Added:
- 6 new Events have been added.
- Say Cheese!
- 500 Coins.
- Dumpster Diver.
- A Mysterious Feather.
- Let’s Be Friends.
- Transforming Magikarp.
- Say Cheese! can randomly occur after a training session and shows Mayor Karp turning up and offering to take your photo, which pleases Magikarp and gains Training Points.
- 500 Coins! can randomly occur after league matches and has a man approach you, trying to sell a Magikarp for 500 coins, but he is caught before you can accept it.
- Dumpster Diver can randomly occur after a training session in which has your Magikarp encounter a dumpster. If you choose to leave your Magikarp can earn JP, but should you stay and enter the dumpster, if successful you’ll earn JP and if not successful, you’ll lose it.
- Dumpster Diver does require the player to have beaten the Elite Four League in order to occur.
- A Mysterious Feather can randomly occur after a training session, in which on the way home, a feather can be encountered, blocking your path. If you run away from it, you can earn JP, but should you choose to investigate you can either earn JP is successful, or lose JP is unsuccessful.
- Let’s Be Friends is an event that can randomly occur after a training session provided you have Mimikyu. If you do, Magikarp will venture through a forest at night time and will be given the choice to flee or explore. While it is not guaranteed you will meet Mimiku when experiencing the event, provided you press you, there is a chance, only when it does happen, it can only happen once and Mimikyu will gift you with a Power Up.
- Transforming Magikarp is an event that can only be triggered when fishing up a new Magikarp, but before you can even get to the fishing part, you will need to pick the right rod and in this case, the right rod is the one that is facing the opposite direction to the rods it’s presented alongside with. Once the correct rod is chosen, you’ll catch a Ditto posing as a Magikarp and this will unlock the Ditto Cushion in the shop. (This event can only be triggered once.)
- There are now 46 Events in total to collect/unlock.
Hall of Fame:
- 2 new empty “frames” have been added to the Hall of Fame due to the addition of 2 new Leagues.
- Upon completion of the Elite Four League, a photo of the Trainer, their winning Magikarp and Ultra League Medal, a photo will replace the empty “frame.” Same thing also happens with completing the Master League.
New Magikarp Patterns Added:
- 2 new Pattern types of Magikarp are now available and they are Blue and Violet.
- Both Blue Pattern Magikarp are as follows: Saucy Blue and Blue Raindrop.
- Both Violet Pattern Magikarp are as follows: Violet Blue and Violet Raindrop.
- Blue and Violet Pattern Magikarp can only caught when fishing with the Supreme Old Rod.
- To get the Supreme Old Rod, players will need to complete the Master League.
- Counting the Gold Magikarp, there are now 33 kinds Magikarps in all to collect in order to complete your Pattern Dex.
New Leagues Added:
- 2 New Leagues have been added and they are the Elite Four League and the Master League.
- In order to challenge the Elite Four League, players will need to have beaten the Ultra League.
- In order to challenge the Master League, players will need to have beaten the Elite Four League.
- The Elite Four League consists of 20 Battles and beating it earns you the Red Cap decoration.
- The Master consist of 15 Battles and beating it earns you the Gold Magikarp Statue.
- Upon completion of the Master League, players can also get the Supreme Old Rod.
- Also upon completion of Master League, players will be able to replay the league and not have to challenge the Expert Leagues once again.
- Magikarp can now be trained to Level 100 and once such a milestone is reached, players can actually keep training it to reach “Level 200,” which has a maximum Jump Power of 12,900,000.000.000.
- Highest Trainer Rank you can acquire is Level 100.
As always, we hope you found our little guide helpful.