My oh my, July 27th is proving to be a very popular date lately!
According to an entirely new eShop listing for Europe, it seems vblank Entertainment’s Retro City Rampage is getting the Switch treatment as well, as it is slated to release on the 27th of July and as for details on this Switch version, well they can be seen right here:
Retro City Rampage reimagines the open world crime genre like it’s 1989. Jump on civilians for coins – then steal their car and outrun the law! Explore the city and complete missions, or just go on a rampage with your weapons, power-ups and vehicles!
This pop culture send-up includes a full Story Mode of open world missions, plus Arcade Challenges for quick pick-up-and-play action. If that’s not enough, it also packs an interactive city full of shops, minigames, customizations, collectibles, special guest stars, and more.
- 8-bit Open-World.
- Over 60 Story Missions.
- Over 40 Arcade Challenges.
- Over 25 Weapons & Power-Ups.
- Over 50 Vehicles to Steal & Equip.
- Over 200 Character Customizations.
- Over 2.5 Hours of Chiptune Music.
- Includes “ROM City Rampage” Prototype Version (100% 8-bit hardware accurate, could’ve actually been released in ’89!)
- Includes official crossovers and minigames with Minecraft, Super Meat Boy, Bit.Trip and Epic Meal Time.
But if you feel you’ve had enough Retro City Rampage to last a lifetime that you don’t need to go through it all again with Retro City Rampage DX, don’t forget its spiritual successor Shakedown: Hawaii, is also coming to Switch this year and it is even more off the hook than Retro ever was, so options are available!
Source: Nintendo Switch eShop via @NinImpactGaming (Twitter)
Categorised in: Nintendo
This post was written by Solid Jack