The long awaited Max Brass update has finally arrived and for some players, it is everything we hoped it would be. For others it is a nightmare.
Some favourite characters have in fact been nerfed, whilst others have been made even better, but we’ve also got the new Hedlok Scramble mode, where players are allowed to done the mask of Hedlok and beat their opposing player/players mercilessly with 6 ARMS instead of 2, until they are struck themselves and forced to drop the item. (The Hedlok mask is actually easier to acquiring than you might thing, especially since it is easy enough to land a punch and the mask constantly appears as an item throughout.)
But why tell you about all that and the fact Max Brass’ three alternate colours see him being Max Bronze, Max Silver and Max Gold, when there is a video you can easily check out right here, followed by the complete patch notes for the new update! Enjoy:
* * * * *
ARMS Version 2.0 Patch Notes:
- ARMS League Commissioner Max Brass added as a playable character.
- New ARM “Nade” added.
- New ARM “Roaster” added.
- New ARM “Kablammer” added.
- New stage “Sky Arena” added.
- New versus mode “Hedlok Scramble” added.
- Punch or touch the capsule containing the Hedlok mask to become Hedlok for a period of time.
- This can be selected in Versus, Friend, or Local and it will also appear in Party Match.
- ”Stats” added to the Top Menu.
- Check stats such as your most used fighter, best stage, and ARM accuracy.
- ”Events” added to the Top Menu.
- Here you can set whether or not you want to join official online events.
- Snake Park has been swapped out for Sky Arena in the Ranked Match stage roster.
- Raised highest rank in Ranked Match to 20.
- Increased the penalty for disconnecting during Ranked Match play.
- Shortened the amount of time necessary for the following ARMS to return after being extended, making them easier to use: Megaton, Megawatt, Revolver, Retorcher, Boomerang Increased movement speed of the Guardian.
- Improved visibility during charge attacks for the Popper and Cracker.
- Increased the amount of time necessary for the following ARMS to return after being knocked down, increasing risk: Popper, Cracker, Hydra Increased the amount of time it takes to recover when a grab is deflected with a single punch.
- Decreased the amount of damage when the Hydra’s rush connects with multiple consecutive hits.
- Decreased the distance Kid Cobra travels when jumping.
- Fixed issue where in some instances Ribbon Girl could remain airborne for an overlong period of time while continually attacking.
- Fixed issue where Ninjara would not destroy the light boxes on the Ribbon Ring stage when getting up.
- Fixed issue where the time necessary for the Triblast to return when deflected was shortened. Fixed issue where ARMS such as Blorb and Megaton would catch on the ground and fail to fire.
- Fixed issue where explosive ARMS would sometimes fail to explode when receiving an attack.
- Fixed issue where the Slapamander would sometimes fail to hit Helix when he is extended.
- In online play, fixed issue where the appearance or non-appearance of items could differ between devices. In online play, fixed various issues with V-Ball including an issue where the ball would remain grounded and play would not proceed.
- In online play, fixed an issue where sometimes Barq would continually defend against an opponents’ rush attack for a set period of time.
- In online play, fixed issue where sometimes pillars in the Scrapyard would not be destructible.
* * * * *
ARMS has come a long and it hasn’t even been out a month, so it makes it even more interesting to see what will become of it two months from now, when surely another fighter and content will be added to it!
This post was written by Solid Jack