If you love Minecraft and own it either on Switch or Wii U, then this article is for you as a new update releases today (Console Edition Update has already come to Xbox and PlayStation platforms) and the full patch notes can be seen right here:
* * * * *
Console Edition Update:
- 7 new Achievements/Trophies.
- New UI engine (saving significant memory – which should boost performance!)
- Woodland Mansion.
- Treasure Maps.
- Observer Block Totem of Undying.
- Illagers! Vindicator, Vex and Evoker!
- ‘Bouncy’ Beds.
- Dyeable beds.
- Option to change Biomes size to match other platforms (since they are smaller on console by default)
- Giants Glide Track Pack: “…featuring a trio of deadly aerobatic challenges in which players swoop around oversized furniture, weaving between the limbs of massive mobs, and even through the icky tubes within the human body itself!”
- Mini Game Heroes skin Pack: “…the second of our packs especially designed for elite competitive Minecrafters. This pack stars the colourful heroes of our Minecraft mini games, including… Bat Team, Cow Team, Cat Team, Elder Guardian Team, Horse Team, Llama Team, MagmaCube Team, Slime Team, Spider Team and Villager Team!”
Minecraft: Swift Edition Patch Changes: (Includes some of what is already Mention above)
- Added Mini Game Heroes Skin Pack.
- Added 7 New Achievements.
- Added Biome Scale Slider.
- Added Find Balanced Seed option.
- Added Llamas, new mobs that can be tamed and ridden, and will form caravans when led.
- Added Parrots. Try letting them ride your shoulder, but be careful what you feed them!
- Added Woodland Mansions, and the mobs that inhabit them: Vindicators, Evokers, and the annoying Vexes that they summon.
- Added Explorer Maps to help you find Ocean Temples and the new Woodland Mansions, and the new Cartographer Villager to sell them to you.
- Added Observer Blocks.
- Added Totem of Undying item.
- Added Curses of Binding and Vanishing.
- Added Spawn Eggs to the Creative Menu for Skeleton Horses, Zombie Horses, Elder Guardians, Strays, Wither Skeletons, Husks, and Zombie Villagers.
- Updated Textures for Mule and Donkey Spawn Eggs.
- Added dyeable beds.
- Added display of status effects on the HUD.
- Reduced the amount of Food Bar drain player many actions cause, but increased the drain caused by health regeneration.
- Torches can now be placed on the full-block side of Stairs.
- Iron bars, glass panes and fences adjacent to the full-block side of a stair will now visually connect.
- Carpet and snow layers can now be placed on top of upside-down stairs.
- Beds are now bouncy, though they do not completely reduce all fall damage.
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition Bug Fixes:
- MCCE-4806 – No option to invert X axis on the Nintendo Switch.
- MCCE-3488 – Villager trading broken.
- MCCE-4793 – Loose dual wielded item when you die.
- MCCE-4731 – Shulker box miss colored in Natural texture pack.
- MCCE-4910 – Shulker Boxes on Natural texture pack.
- MCCE-4746 – Sleeping with an elytra.
- MCCE-3357 – End portals stop appearing after respawned dragon death.
- MCCE-2998 – Slime Block Glitch.
- MCCE-4715 – Potions firing from dispenser crash. MCCE-2744 – Fences Attaching to Nether Brick Fences.
- MCCE-3165 – Tutorial World.
- MCCE-4830 – Skin-Pack: Magic: The Gathering, Ajani skin has bugs.
- MCCE-4840 – Color of shulker box incorrect in Natural texture pack.
- MCCE-4834 – skeletons spawn in a 2 high space with trapdoors on ceiling.
- MCCE-4663 – Weapon durability shows when interface opacity is low.
- MCCE-4727 – Textures wrong.
- MCCE-3973 – Donkeys don’t spawn.
- MCCE-4710 – Invisible Chat Box.
- MCCE-1899 – Squid spawning limit super low…
- MCCE-3386 – Game freezes
- MCCE-2983 – Piston translocation will not work in future versions. Bug?
- MCCE-2479 – It’s possible to step up 1 pixel height from Grass Paths to Farmland blocks.
- MCCE-4644 – Birch boat texture is broken in cartoon texture pack.
* * * * *
The World of Minecraft will never be the same again!
Minecraft Switch Edition, Minecraft: Wii U Edition, Mojang, patch notes, update
This post was written by Solid Jack