How any of us survived yesterday’s double dose of Metroid madness is beyond me, but for those of you who are dying for another Metroid fix, we’re on hand to give it to you, starting with a detailed packed fact sheet:
* * * * *
A classic Metroid adventure returns, rebuilt from the ground up!:
Brave the hostile terrain of an alien planet teeming with vicious life forms as legendary bounty hunter Samus Aran. Her mission? Terminate the Metroid menace in this masterful reimagining of her 1991 Game Boy™ adventure. Samus Aran’s arsenal has been enhanced with new moves and abilities that are sure to help her face the deadly surprises that await. This intense, side-scrolling action platformer is a great entry point into the Metroid franchise and perfect for returning fans as well, and it’s available only on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
- This intense, side-scrolling action platformer has been completely remade with engaging and immersive 3D visuals and a rich, atmospheric color palette.
- Classic Metroid II: Return of Samus gameplay is joined by a wealth of new content, including a set of brand new abilities that utilizes a mysterious energy resource called “Aeion,” a powerful melee counterattack, and 360-degree Free Aim Mode.
- There are plenty of secrets to find—and if you uncover enough of them, you may even start to unravel the mystery of Planet SR388’s past.
- Two new amiibo™ figures*—Samus Aran and Metroid—will be released as a set alongside the game. This game is also compatible with the Zero Suit Samus and Samus amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series. Functionality details will be revealed at a later date.
- While supplies last, fans will be able to purchase a special edition of the game, which includes a physical copy of the game, a sound-selection CD featuring 25 tracks from across the Metroid franchise, and a reversible title-sheet insert for the game case.
Platform: Nintendo 3DS Family of Systems
Launch Date: 15th of September, 2017
Genre: Side-Scrolling Action Platformer
* * * * *
But that’s not all, for we also have the following Dev Diary for you to view and a couple of comments regarding the game, which you can see right here:
Enrik Alvarez (Head of Studio at MercurySteam): “Metroid is one of the most recognized Nintendo franchises and we are so honoured to collaborate with them on the latest game in the saga of space-faring bounty hunter Samus Aran. Our collaboration with Nintendo will give gamers around the world the chance to play this fantastic adventure in a completely new way not seen before.”
Yoshio Sakamoto (Senior Officer of Nintendo’s Entertainment Planning & Development Department):“The development of this Metroid game with Mercury Steam has gone very smoothly and more than anything, it has been very exciting. Metroid: Samus Returns is based on the GameBoy classic Metroid II: Return of Samus, and we are very confident that this collaboration with Mercury Steam is the reason we have been able to successfully pull together various features like actions never seen before in the Metroid series, a stunning recreation of the planet SR388 and classical Metroid gameplay elements into a single powerful package.”
For more Metroid news like this, the site to go, is miketendo64.com!
Source: Nintendo PR & AusGamersTags: 3DS, Dev Comments, Fact sheet, MercurySteam, Metroid Samus Returns, news, Nintendo
Categorised in: Nintendo
This post was written by Solid Jack