Earlier this month, Inti Creates divulged they would be revealing 2 new games for the Nintendo Switch during BitSummit and while one was already ousted, the other was not. (Not to the public anyway.)
Hours ahead of Inti’s presence at BitSummit, a press kit was sent out to various news outlets and as I found myself reading through all the details, I was simply delighted. I had hoped Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack would come to the Nintendo Switch and later on this year, it does exactly that and now that the embargo has lifted, here is everything you need to know about the latest “game” to be revealed for the Nintendo Switch.
* * * * *
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack for Switch:
The Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack contains both Azure Striker Gunvolt and Azure Striker Gunvolt 2, two of our flagship games that originally made their home on the Nintendo 3DS. With the release of the Switch version of the Striker Pack, there are a host of new features, improvements, and bonus content that make it the truly complete version of the Azure Striker Gunvolt experience.
Special Features on Nintendo Switch:
- More intense action with framerates upgraded from 30 FPS to 60 FPS! – Since the 3DS game was created with emphasis on the visual aspects of the game, it was only able to run at 30 FPS on that system, but thanks to more powerful new hardware, 60 FPS Gunvolt is here for the first time. The biggest difference between the former 30 FPS and the new 60 FPS can be felt while playing as Copen, the super-quick, high-flying playable character from Gunvolt 2.
- The entire DLC catalog from the 3DS version comes pre-loaded! – All of the 3DS version DLC, which includes extra stages and bosses, bonus modes, and new songs, comes pre-loaded with the game.
- HD Rumble support adds a whole new layer that brings you closer to the electrifying action! – When Gunvolt uses his powerful electrical attacks, the Nintendo Switch’s HD Rumble kicks in to bring you even closer to the action.
- The screen layout has been completely redone with more intuitive designs and easy-to-see menus! – The screen layout has been redone from a two-screen layout on the 3DS to an intuitive one-screen layout for the Switch.
- Brand new song for the Nintendo Switch Ver.! – A brand new theme song by the virtual idol Lumen (VA: Megu Sakuragawa) debuts on the Nintendo Switch!
- Event graphics and the in-game text looks better than ever in high resolution on the Nintendo Switch! – On the Nintendo Switch, in-game text is much easier to read and the characters look better than ever in high resolution.
- Adjustments to the game balance and general gameplay improvements enhance the experience! – The Kudos system from Gunvolt 1 has been changed to the system from Gunvolt 2, adjustments have been made to some stages to balance out the difficulty, and other minor gameplay improvements have been added.
- Many different language settings are available for people around the world to enjoy! – Compatible languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Japanese.
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Compatibility! – Gameplay feels especially satisfying on the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller.
* * * * *
As of right now there, Inti Creates has yet to establish a definite price for the game, but with the Striker Pack not seeing a release until the end of August, there will be plenty of time to learn about it in the meantime.
Now Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack wasn’t the only Switch game shown off as Mighty Gunvolt Burst was also properly revealed for 3DS and Switch and nor was it the only game we got a press kit for, but instead of covering them both in a single article, we’re covering both games in a separate article to call their own, so while we are wrapping up our Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack coverage, please enjoy this selection of photos and other imagery related to the newly announced Switch port:
And remember, if you want more Inti Creates Switch news, we’ve got it, just in another post, so be sure to check it out!
Source: Inti Creates PR