With Super Mario Bros. Wonder available now on the Nintendo Switch, the time has come to embark on a wonderful 2D adventure. Mario is back with the extended gang, resulting in a playable roster of 12 characters and with eight worlds to conquer in the Flower Kingdom, we’re on hand to walk you guys through how to obtain every Wonder Seed and Flower Coin available.
To kick things off, we’re going to do a quick little walkthrough to explain the purples of Flower Coins, Wonder Flowers, Wonder Seeds and Secret Exits before diving right into the Special World stage, Shining Falls Special: Triple Threat Deluxe:
What are Flower Coins?
Flower Coins are large purple coins that can be found on given stages. Some will be obviously visible when exploring through levels, but others can be hidden and require players to meet a certain requirement to revel them. On stages where Flower Coins are present, there are three to be found and all are required to count towards a level’s complete completion.
What are Wonder Flowers?
Wonder Flowers are an item players can encounter during a level, which once interacted with, unleashes a Wonder Effect that immediately impacts the current stage. Where there is a Wonder Flower, there is always a Wonder Flower waiting to be discovered.
What are Wonder Seeds?
Wonder Seeds are the main collectable this time around, with Mario and friends needing to collect them in order to advance through the game. One Wonder Seed will always be given to the player upon completing a stage, but a second one can be obtained by activating the Wonder Flower and traversing the Wonder Effect to collect the Wonder Seed.
On some levels, it is possible there is a third Wonder Seed available, but in order to acquire it, players will need to discover the Secret Exit in order to obtain it. Wonder Seeds can also be purchased for 100 Purple Coins at Poplin Shops and through completing Challenge levels.
What are Secret Exits?
Not present on every level, Secret Exits are a secondary exit players can discover by taking a different route and encountering a second Flagpole at the end of the level. Jumping on the Flagpole will end the current level and reward players with a new Wonder Seed.
Every Shining Falls Special: Triple Threat Deluxe Wonder Seed & Flower Coin:
Flower Coins: 3 | Wonder Seeds: 2
- Flower Coin #1: With the Wonder Effect triggered, make sure to hit the flower bud and the others that spawn after it to make the Flower Coin appear.
- Flower Coin #2: Continue along the main path and you will see it up ahead, nearer to the top of the screen. Be quick to grab the Wonder Flower.
- Flower Coin #3: The final Flower Coin can be found by a block with rotating fireballs. Time your run to collect the Flower Coin.
- Wonder Flower / Wonder Seed #1: When you reach the line of thin green pipes, the Wonder Flower can be seen near the lowest pipes. Once the Wonder Effect has been triggered, players are presented with another top-down segment where they must dodge the spiked Rolling-Balls to reach the Wonder Seed.
- Wonder Seed #2: Reach the end of the stage and climb onto the Flagpole.
Editor’s Note: To access Shining Falls Special: Triple Threat Deluxe, once you have collected every Wonder Seed Shining Falls has to offer, make sure you return to the Royal Seed Mansion to trigger a scene between Master Poplin, Prince Florian and your chosen character. Once it is over, a new path will be created, allowing you to reach the stage.
As always, we hope you found this guide helpful.