With Super Mario Bros. Wonder available now on the Nintendo Switch, the time has come to embark on a wonderful 2D adventure. Mario is back with the extended gang, resulting in a playable roster of 12 characters and with eight worlds to conquer in the Flower Kingdom, we’re on hand to walk you guys through how to obtain every Wonder Seed and Flower Coin available.
To kick things off, we’re going to do a quick little walkthrough to explain the purples of Flower Coins, Wonder Flowers, Wonder Seeds and Secret Exits before diving right into the Special World stage, Fluff-Puff Peaks Special: Climb to the Beat!:
What are Flower Coins?
Flower Coins are large purple coins that can be found on given stages. Some will be obviously visible when exploring through levels, but others can be hidden and require players to meet a certain requirement to revel them. On stages where Flower Coins are present, there are three to be found and all are required to count towards a level’s complete completion.
What are Wonder Flowers?
Wonder Flowers are an item players can encounter during a level, which once interacted with, unleashes a Wonder Effect that immediately impacts the current stage. Where there is a Wonder Flower, there is always a Wonder Flower waiting to be discovered.
What are Wonder Seeds?
Wonder Seeds are the main collectable this time around, with Mario and friends needing to collect them in order to advance through the game. One Wonder Seed will always be given to the player upon completing a stage, but a second one can be obtained by activating the Wonder Flower and traversing the Wonder Effect to collect the Wonder Seed.
On some levels, it is possible there is a third Wonder Seed available, but in order to acquire it, players will need to discover the Secret Exit in order to obtain it. Wonder Seeds can also be purchased for 100 Purple Coins at Poplin Shops and through completing Challenge levels.
What are Secret Exits?
Not present on every level, Secret Exits are a secondary exit players can discover by taking a different route and encountering a second Flagpole at the end of the level. Jumping on the Flagpole will end the current level and reward players with a new Wonder Seed.
Every Fluff-Puff Peaks Special: Climb to the Beat! Wonder Seed & Flower Coin:
Flower Coins: 3 | Wonder Seeds: 2
- Flower Coin #1: Following the main path, there will be a point where you will need to wall-jump upwards and then run to your left. Instead of going left straight away, leap into the Flower Coin first and then continue your run.
- Flower Coin #2: During the intense wall-climbing segment when platforming resumes, you will see the Flower Coin a little to your right as you continue along the main path. You will need to collect it from the yellow platform it is on and then continue wall-jumping.
- Flower Coin #3: This Flower Coin can be found on a purple platform just before wall-jumping onto the dark blue platform.
- Wonder Flower / Wonder Seed #1: This Wonder Flower can be seen at the beginning of the level. Jump into it and the Wonder Effect will commence, taking you to an area where platforms will appear in time to the beat and you will need to reach the end to find the Wonder Seed.
- Wonder Seed #2: Reach the end of the stage and climb onto the Flagpole.
As always, we hope you found this guide helpful.