With just days to go before the release of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Nintendo has published a brand-new instalment of their “Ask the Developer” interview series. This time around the interview was all about Tears of the Kingdom and had the likes of Eiji Aonuma answering the many questions that were out before him and other members of the development team.
During the interview, Aonuma reveals he has played The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom “around 20 times”:
Aonuma has Played The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom “around 20 Times”:
Eiji Aonuma: “I wonder how many times I’ve played the game to debug (8) it… I’ve played this game from start to finish about 20 times, and I can say that it’s more fun with detours, even more so than in the previous game. When testing the game, I sometimes needed to rush ahead to clear the story, but later on, as I started to go off on side paths, I realised…it’s a whole different game! Some discoveries made me think, ‘Wow, you can even do this at this point in the game?’. Even when sticking things together, there are so many different combinations that even I don’t know all of them. I even discovered something new the other day while shooting the gameplay demonstration video. So, it may take some time, but as you take detours and try out whatever you can at the time, I think you’ll be able to enjoy the game in your very own way. So don’t head straight for the ending! I’ve cleared the game many times myself and never felt bored once. You have my word!”
(8) The process of playing in-development games for quality assurance and investigating issues with programs.
For the full interview, why not click here to check out Ask the Developer Vol. 9, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – Chapter 5.
Ask the Developer | The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Participating Developers)
- Eiji Aonuma | Senior Officer, Entertainment Planning & Development Division (Producer)
- Hidemaro Fujibayashi | Entertainment Planning & Development Department, Production Group No.3 (Director)
- Takuhiro Dohta | Entertainment Planning & Development Department, Programming Management Group (Technical Director)
- Satoru Takizawa | Entertainment Planning & Development Department, Design Management Group (Art Director)
- Hajime Wakai | Entertainment Planning & Development Department, Sound Management Group (Sound Director)