Part 2 of 4.
As May continues to get underway, welcome back to our efforts to highlight some formidable games all releasing on the Nintendo Switch. this month. Having already covered the likes of Super Dungeon Maker, Jiggsaw Puzzle Fever, Urbek City Builder and Scrap Bolts, it is time to showcase our next selection of four upcoming titles for May:
[Guide] 16 Games Releasing on Nintendo Switch this May (Part 2)
Dokapon Kingdom Connect (May 9, 2023)
Publisher: Idea Factory
Genre: Board Game, Party, Multiplayer, Role-Playing
No. of Players: 1 (Single System) | 1 – 4 (Online)
File Size: 998 MB
Everyone in Dokapon Kingdom loves money.
One day in this peaceful land, monsters suddenly appeared and began attacking nearby towns. The economy collapsed, and people were at their lowest. Taxes were no longer being paid, of course.
So that’s when the King took action!
He decided to gather the bravest warriors to rescue these towns so he can get paid! In exchange, the one who collects the most shall be rewarded with the Princess’ hand in marriage and the throne.
And thus, an adventure for money begins, where absolutely anything goes!
- RPG & Board Game Lovers Unite… AGAIN! – Originally released for the Nintendo Wii, the hybrid party board game is now back for the Nintendo Switch™! The game is simple: spin the roulette and defeat whoever stands your way!
- Connect With Your Best Frenemies Online – Holding a grudge never felt so good! Players can now duke it out against their friends via Nintendo Switch™ Online!
- 5 Game Modes & A Massive Game Board! – Plot your revenge and choose from 5 different game modes: Normal, Story, Shopping Race, Kill Race, and Town Race. With a kingdom spanning seven continents, who knows what shenanigans you’ll get into!
- Outwit Your Foes With 11 Possible Job Classes – Wanna slash your way through the Dokapon Kingdom? Choose the Warrior! Interested in conjuring flashy spells? Pick the Magician! Choose from 11 job classes and earn experience points to level up your character! Purchase or even steal items and use them to your advantage!
Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2 (May 11, 2023)
No. of Players: 1 (Single System)
File Size: 4 GB
A year has passed since the events of Fuga: Melodies of Steel. The war was fought and won. Life went on.
That is, until the children are summoned to Pharaoh to aid with the investigation of the recovered Taranis. During their survey, the Taranis suddenly goes haywire and sets out on a deadly rampage, trapping and absconding with a number of their party. The remaining children and Malt board their erstwhile enemy—the dread tank Tarascus—to chase after the Taranis and save their friends.
- Revamped tactical battle system! – New additions to the battle system based on player feedback such as the reworked Soul Cannon and newly implemented Managarm allows for cutting-edge tactical gameplay!
- Fight battles how you see fit! – Plot your path forward on the branching routes of the battlefield. The new airship support system allows for even more options!
- Make every decision count! – The choices you make affect the Judgment Gauges, ultimately changing how events play out. You are the author of your own story.
The weight of despair, rage, and loss will shake you to your core in Fuga: Melodies of Steel 2—the RPG of hard choices and tough decisions!
Local News with Cliff Rockslide (May 11, 2023)
Publisher: Bonus Stage Publishing
Genre: Adventure, Simulation, Action, Puzzle
No. of Players: 1 (Single System)
File Size: 1.8 GB
Cliff Rockslide is the owner of Butterfly Valley’s largest news streaming service with a massive number of seven subscribers. Your job is to help him grow his channel by recording everything even remotely exciting with your camera.
The quiet little town is about to experience the biggest news event it has ever witnessed, outranking even the unfortunate incident regarding a badger and the town’s main power line few years ago.
Local News with Cliff Rockslide is a first-person comedy adventure game where you hold the camera. Wielding this weapon of mass information is a responsible task. The faith of the channel lies on your magnificent shoulders.
- Experience a carefully crafted comedy about cults, vegetables, and geometry — written by professionals of comedy
- Learn to be a successful journalist, media person, content creator, and influencer all in one package
- It’s like a FPS but with a camera! You are in control of the broadcast
- No combat (well, sort of), no deaths (at least not definitive ones), no fast-paced action sequences (this is a blatant lie), Quick-time events (just a few, we’re sorry!)
Elemental War 2 (May 11, 2023)
Publisher: Clockwork Origins
Genre: Strategy, Role-Playing, Multiplayer
No. of Players: 1 (Single System) | 2 (Online)
File Size: 1.3 GB
Elemental War 2 takes you into a threatened world: hordes of monsters suddenly pour out of the abysses of hell from a faulty summoned portal. Will you manage to build a defense line of defense towers against the forces of evil in time?
Elemental War 2 offers you the popular tower defense feeling combined with innovative game mechanics: as soon as you defeat an elemental – a particularly strong enemy that will demand everything from you – you’ll receive its element stone, which you can use to build new defense towers. As you keep collecting elements, you’ll always have new levels and tower combinations at your disposal.
Only if you skillfully combine the different towers and make use of their advantages will you be able to stand up to the monster hordes. Through in-game side quests, you’ll also unlock items that further enhance the abilities of your towers or decisively weaken your opponents at just the right time!
Elemental War 2 offers you dozens of hours of gameplay to develop strategies, complete all the quests and discover all the secrets of the game world. The lovingly hand-built maps offer you varied games and always new challenges!
- The popular tower defense game principle with new gameplay elements
- Face the powerful elementals and their special abilities
- Solve quests to unlock upgrades for your towers
- Play 11 varied maps in three unique environments: forest, ice and desert
- Play alone or in co-op mode
- Compare yourself with other players in the global leaderboards
Are you ready to face the elementals?
All details regarding the games above were true at the time we sourced them directly from Nintendo’s own website. If there are any changes between now and each game’s eventual release, we apologize in advance and we hope you have enjoyed the selected titles so far. For even more games, we hope you come back for the next instalment.