The Booster Course Pass Wave 4 for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is out today and brings with it two new cups with eight new tracks, a new character in the form of Birdo (and 9 colour variants) and a number of small fixes as well. That isn’t all though as the character select screen now has five new spaces for more characters to be added at a later date. This isn’t speculation either as Nintendo themselves have now confirmed that more characters will indeed be added in the future.
You can find out about what exactly is included in Wave 4 of the Booster Course Pass in the official press release from Nintendo below. We also have gameplay of the new cups and circuits on Grand Prix 150 cc which can be seen in the embedded video.
MARIO KART 8 DELUXE – BOOSTER COURSE PASS WAVE 4 SPEEDS ITS WAY ONTO NINTENDO SWITCH TODAY
Birdo is back plus eight courses added including classics from the Game Boy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, Mario Kart Tour and a brand new course
9th March, 2023 – Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass Wave 4* speeds its way to Nintendo Switch today. Wave 4 features the Fruit Cup and the Boomerang Cup, which add eight courses including classics from the Game Boy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, Wii and Mario Kart Tour, and the brand new course, Yoshi’s Island. Check out the Wave 4 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass arrives March 9th! Trailer.
Each course can be played locally or online**. Cups are divided as follows:
- Tour Amsterdam Drift – Cruise from scenic city streets to fields full of colourful tulips in this Amsterdam-inspired course originating from the mobile game Mario Kart Tour.
- GBA Riverside Park – Through waterfalls and over bridges you’ll go in this jungle-themed track packed with sharp turns and towering greenery on a course that originated in Mario Kart: Super Circuit.
- Wii DK Summit – Soar to new heights and carve down the hills on this twisty, turny and wintry course featuring ramps galore and some cool sculptures of familiar friends.
- Yoshi’s Island – Move and groove around this new course inspired by Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Flutter your feet over to the winner’s circle as you zoom through flower-covered hills and over cloud-dotted skies.
- Tour Bangkok Rush – Golden skies, shimmering waterways and stunning sights aplenty are calling your name on this course that originated in Mario Kart Tour.
- DS Mario Circuit – This Mario Kart DS inspired course features Peach’s Castle among its rolling hills and winding roads.
- GCN Waluigi Stadium – Get ready to speed around the multitude of obstacles and ramps that make up this furiously fast dirt course that originated in Mario Kart: Double-Dash!!.
- Tour Singapore Speedway – Drift your way through the city lights to first place and be mindful of the vacationing Goombas on this colorful course that originated in Mario Kart Tour.
Plus, Birdo – who originally hit the starting line in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! – is revving up to join the racing roster with nine colour options to choose from.
Two upcoming waves of DLC are still to come, featuring more returning courses and characters from across the Mario Kart series. Supercharge Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass to experience more ramps, turns and jumps across a total of 48 additional courses as each of the six waves become available. Players can enjoy all six waves of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass at no additional cost*** with a paid Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership, or by purchasing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass, available in Nintendo eShop separately.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass Wave 4 launches on Nintendo Switch today. Wave 4 includes Birdo as a playable character and eight courses including classics from the Game Boy Advance, Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo DS, Wii, and Mario Kart Tour, as well as the brand new course, Yoshi’s Island.
Source: Nintendo UK PR