Part 3 of 6.
As March continues to get underway, welcome back to our efforts to highlight some formidable games all releasing on the Nintendo Switch. this month. Having already covered the likes of Disaster Detective Saiga: An Indescribable Mystery, Little Witch Nobeta, Pronty and Know by Heart…, it is time to showcase our next selection of four upcoming titles:
[Guide] 24 Games Releasing on Nintendo Switch this March (Part 3)
Draw a Stickman EPIC 3 (March 9, 2023)
Genre: Adventure, Puzzle
No. of Players: 1 (Single System)
File Size: 1.2 GB
Played over 100 Million Times around the Globe and a winner of 5 Webby Awards, DRAW A STICKMAN is back and more EPIC than ever before! Your creativity will be maximized in the all-new Draw a Stickman: EPIC 3! Embark upon an exhilarating new adventure to defeat the Corruption: solve fun puzzles, outsmart crafty monsters, and discover an all-new world! So grab your freshly penciled Hero—it’s time to be EPIC!
- DRAW YOUR OWN HERO! – Use the new, intricate drawing tools to design the perfect Hero! Be as creative as you want—your Hero can be anything you can draw!
- LIMITLESS SKETCHBOOK! – Store unlimited drawings of Heroes and Tools in your new Sketchbook! Swap between these at any time to spice up your gameplay with all your favorite characters!
- NEW HUB WORLD! – Venture around the new Hub World and meet other characters in the Stickman universe! See what they have to say and what they need you to do!
- EXPLORE LEVELS! – Adventure through new levels packed with secrets, collectibles, and hidden pathways!
- FEISTY MONSTERS! – Lots of new monsters to outwit! Be on the lookout for Oozes, Trolls, Bully Goats, and—perhaps the most fearsome of them all—an Evil Hamster!
- FIND LOST COLOR BUDDIES! – Find the lost Color Buddies to add rich, new colors to your drawings!
- MASTER NEW PENCILS! – Use your nifty new pencils to bamboozle bosses and bring to life the world around you!
- UNLOCK EVERYTHING! – Unlock new hidden areas as you find coloring guides, tool blueprints, and pencils! Can you earn 3 Stars on every level?
You’ll see plenty of new characters and some surprisingly familiar faces on this new adventure! Who are they? It’s a secret! Are you ready for an EPIC new adventure?
Mari & Bayu: The Road Home (March 9, 2023)
Publisher: Plug In Digital
Genre: Adventure, Platformer, Puzzle, Action
No. of Players: 1 – 2 (Single System)
File Size: 3.4 GB
Mari & Bayu: The Road Home is a cooperative 2D ant-venture. Help Mari to get back home and finding her brother Tom, after going astray in the world. Experience the journey of how Bayu, her magical friend, develops the strength in finding all of his kidnapped family, while helping Mari to gain confidence in getting back home.
Immerse yourself in a mesmerising and emotional story of feeling lost and finding your way in life.
- Tiny world, big adventure – Solve puzzles, surf the wind on feathers, ride grasshoppers, interact with fellow insects and use your environment to your advantage by using Bayu’s wind powers.
- A solo or two player cooperative experience – You can either play as both Mari and Bayu when playing solo or choose between Mari and Bayu when playing in cooperative mode. Enjoy 2 different gameplay styles, each having their own perks.
- Explore an awe inspiring artistic 2D world – Mari & Bayu: The Road Home mixes top class art with in engine magic, to create a vibrant and responsive world for you to enjoy.
- Discover a rich and unique environment – Experience the world through the perspective of an ant. Within every human footstep are great adventures and dangers for small insects to overcome. From the deep dark puddles, fly swatters and scorching piles of garbage to monsters that are desperate to get rid of you. Discover a total of 12 different and unique settings.
A huge ant-size world awaits you! Will you make it back home?
Colossal Cave (UK: March 9, 2023)
Publisher: Cygnus Entertainment
Genre: Adventure, Action, Puzzle
No. of Players: 1 (Single System)
File Size: 2.3 GB
From the acclaimed creator of the King’s Quest series & Phantasmagoria, Colossal Cave, reimagined by Roberta Williams, is an exciting new action-adventure game that promises to bring you the adventure you’ve longed for.
An homage to the original and esteemed classic computing text adventure, Colossal Cave Adventure by Will Crowther and Don Woods, Roberta Williams brings a beloved favorite game into the 21st century with meticulous handcrafted art, imaginative environmental creations based on actual caverns, rendering the vast and engaging cave in fully explorable three dimensional art.
Immerse yourself in the mysterious and stunning world of boundless caverns and sweeping vistas, underground streams and hidden reservoirs – discover the many lost treasures, ancient civilizations, and encounter friends and foes alike in your quest to uncover the great mysteries of the mammoth cave system. With a non-linear exploration system, it’s up to you to decide how to proceed through Colossal Cave, and how to discover all its secrets.
The ability to replay the game many times and still discover new things is what has kept this game in the hearts of generations of gamers for almost fifty years. If you think you know what adventure games are, you might be surprised to find out just how Colossal Cave defines the genre.
Can you not only survive the Colossal Cave, but pass through it, and win all its secrets? Time will tell as you undertake the most exquisite and classic adventure ever – Colossal Cave, reimagined by Roberta Williams!
- Scenic landscapes with hidden secrets
- Miles of caves, caverns, and crawl to work your way through.
- 15 distinct areas to explore in the Colossal Cave
- Difficult puzzles for those seeking a challenge
Ib (March 9, 2023)
Genre: Adventure, Role-Playing
No. of Players: 1 (Single System)
File Size: 382 MB
A 2D exploration adventure game set in a creepy, mysterious art gallery. Inspect the area around you, discovering items and disarming traps to find your way out of the strange gallery.
- A mysterious adventure set it an art gallery full of puzzles to solve.
- Pieces of artwork beautifully crafted in pixel art.
- Basic controls consist of movement and an interact (speak) button, enjoyable by players of all levels.
- Seven different endings to unlock based on player actions and choices.
- Upon completion you will be rewarded with the True Guertena exhibit where you can collect the artwork found throughout the game and be able to visit an extra dungeon that you couldn’t access in your first playthrough.
This game is a remake of the 2D exploration-adventure title Ib, set in a creepy, mysterious art gallery and originally released in February 2012. Virtually all of the graphics have been updated, with many upgraded and additional effects as well. Significantly improved screen resolution and graphics allow players to experience a classic in a whole new light.
- Brand new graphics for maps, characters, and stills.
- Addition of all-new and redesigned pieces of artwork.
- Further improvements upon the original concept of making the game enjoyable for
- Players of all level through optimizations to the many puzzles in-game.
- Brand new puzzles, effects, and tricks that were not present in the original.
- Addition of “Zoom Mode” for improved visibility, allowing players to spot small items more easily and view the many pieces of artwork in greater detail.
- New “conversation system” allows companions to offer hints and engage in conversation.
- Brand new BGM composed specifically for the remake.
All details regarding the games above were true at the time we sourced them directly from Nintendo’s own website. If there are any changes between now and each game’s eventual release, we apologize in advance and we hope you have enjoyed the selected titles so far. For even more games, we hope you come back for the next instalment.