Welcome to that special feature that we call “Super Rare Gems,” a small segment where we talk about the physical releases of games published by Super Rare Games.
With a large library of titles under their belt and tons of limited releases that have sold out and Miketendo64 providing them with some extensive coverage on the site, we want to take the time to highlight the games they currently have left in stock, and who knows, you might just discover the next indie gem you want to pick up? So, please join us as we provide you with a ton of details on the Heaven Dust Collection by developer, One Gruel Studio:
Heaven Dust Collection (Nintendo Switch)
Developer: One Gruel Studio
Retail Price: £36.00 GBP
Players: 1 player
Genre: Action, Adventure, Puzzle
Game File Size: N/A
An ode to 90s horror game series like Resident Evil, the Heaven Dust Collection takes the player through a classic survival horror experience, with plenty of exploration, action, puzzles to solve, and resource management.
In 1970, a scientific investigation team found a new virus in the blood samples from a primitive tribe called “Torkue” in New Guinea. Among some scientists, there is a belief that it will lead to the discovery of the secret of immortality, hence why they name the virus “Heaven Dust.” Little did they know that it wasn’t actually a gift from Heaven but would open the gates to Hell instead.
After the destruction of the research facility in New Guinea following an incident involving the mutant virus, “Heaven Dust” was brought to the US. Further research is being carried out by the subsidiary company StarDust.
But another disaster awaits…
HEAVEN DUST 2– A standalone sequel to the first Heaven Dust game.
A virus outbreak happens in the mysterious First Research Center after a press conference goes wrong. While the chaos unfolds, deep within the institute, Steve wakes up from his cryogenic pod. Rather than having a peaceful awakening, he finds himself trapped in a living hell, surrounded by zombies, once more. Can you fight your way out and discover the dreadful trust, Second Host?
- Playtime: Boasting around 15 hours of total playtime, with Heaven Dust 2 coming with twice the content of its predecessor.
- Multiple endings: Both games come with multiple endings. Which one will you get?
- Inventory management: Collect and combine, use various items to solve puzzles, with the sequel offering even more options for upgradability and strategic thinking.
- Combat system (Heaven Dust 2 only): Fight your way out with a dagger, submachine gun, shotgun, and grenades. Modify your weapons, and upgrade them to the limit. Choose your weapon to counter different enemies, plan your strategy, seek their weak points, and destroy their defenses.
- Enemy variety (Heaven Dust 2 only): Along with ordinary zombies, other mutated monstrosities have joined the battle: Heavily armored Bone Fiend, regenerating Blood Fiend, approaching boomlad, all without forgetting the epic boss fights.
- Multiple difficulties (Heaven Dust 2 only): Players have the choice between Casual, Normal, and Expert difficulties, making the game something anyone can enjoy.
The physical release of Heaven Dust Collection also comes with the following:
- Fully assembled Nintendo Switch game with cartridge
- Interior art
- Full-colour manual
- Exclusive sticker
- Set of 3 card trading card pack
For more on the Heaven Dust Collection why not pay a visit to its official listing on Super Rare Games with the link below:
SRG#84: Heaven Dust Collection (Switch)
We hope you enjoyed this instalment of Super Rare Gems and look forwards to the next one!